Carlo Ancelotti

Birdy

Carlo won't stay if this repeats in any form or fashion vs Chelsea I feel.
I genuinely think optics matter to Perez if it gets bad enough and he knows he can't keep putting finger on trigger only to take it off every time. If it repeats I think we might go for a guy like Tuchel and spend a bit of money on him to help Chelsea out of predicament. Pochettino probably out of question, but I still think he's a better fit for this squad if given patience (which wont happen with Perez)

Team is nowhere near ready to compete for top titles
Ancelotti is basically EV at this point.
A spineless coward whose managerial choices from past 6 months are coming back to bite him at a moment of vulnerability when the messiah he always had to rescue the team is not there to grant confidence to his teammates. Useless coaching that doesn't improve anybody that wouldn't have improved on their own.

0% chance that Tuchel will join you.

Tuchel is an ambitious guy, who wants to play in the best league, against best coaches, and he is very comfortable at Chelsea now.
Chelsea's problems are exaggerated, and I think they will be sorted out soon.
Even if shit hits the fan, and the club gets dissolved and he HAS TO go, he will pick UTD any day of the week and they will be happy to snatch him.

Your only hope is Poch if UTD doesn't make him no1 in their list (in this case, I don't see any viable alternative for you, unless Zidane comes back again LOL)

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]
Yes
It is and it isn't
Lots of people will make excuses for him now, especially those within RM who will claim that he's at the mercy of Perez and that team is shit and he has nothing to build from. And there's some truth to it. I am not going to stand here and pretend like I didn't for years claim Barto is the core problem and EV less so. One might find here that parallels exist here too because Carlo didn't really ever get the luxury of shaping squad to his liking arguably. Issue is he has a fucking 15x better team that he NEVER. BLOODY. USED.

He has a 19-year old who is keen but he chooses to treat like someone that can't be burdened with responsibility of running the biggest club in the world
He has a 24-year old who is dying to take over reins in midfield but he's relegated to a fitness engine
He has a 31-year old who despite fitness problems in past, has now put them behind and has been available for half a season only to be treated like a waste of space not even given a shot in rotation despite good performances whenever did get on pitch
He has a striker he can't or won't even try to incorporate in a front 2 to give an alternative shape when goals aren't flowing
He has a LB playing captain at CB out of necessity and will never take a risk on an experienced 30+ team veteran who had a shite start and been glued to the bench since then just because Alaba shouts loud and Mendy is a big prick
He has an actually useless RB and has no idea what to do to ameliorate the problem. Not seemingly even expressing a desire to get someone out of favour on loan to cope with it

When EV played 4-4-2 with Raki and Coutinho to minimise RB-CB-RCM cover issues for Leo, it was a reaction and something that arguably had to be done a lot of the time. Could have used likes of Alcacer more etc but really he was stuck in between Bob, Semedo, 31-yr old Vidal and whatnot.

Ancelotti's squad OTOH is like 24 yrs old on average
Just incredible mix of stubbornness and old ideas

El Gato

Villarato!
And worst of all - he's actually helping Barcelona rebuild faster
Moments like this is what young kids of urs hold onto for rest of their careers.

You should thank Ancelotti for being this complicit in moving on from the Bartomeu ruins

El Gato

Villarato!
0% chance that Tuchel will join you.

Tuchel is an ambitious guy, who wants to play in the best league, against best coaches, and he is very comfortable at Chelsea now.
Chelsea's problems are exaggerated, and I think they will be sorted out soon.
Even if shit hits the fan, and the club gets dissolved and he HAS TO go, he will pick UTD any day of the week and they will be happy to snatch him.

Your only hope is Poch if UTD doesn't make him no1 in their list (in this case, I don't see any viable alternative for you, unless Zidane comes back again LOL)

It's far from zero
Was even complimentary about Bernabeu just the other day in a way many others are not of own volition
Ambition argument doesn't even make sense really - very ambitious of him to try and build something at a side like Madrid against a new version of Barca with Mbappe around

Either of the two will take the offer if Perez came with it, can't really be neither unless Conte is let go and Poch goes back there which I doubt

But in any case things really resting on how Carlo performs from here on.
If gets whacked by Chelsea in similar way, he could be gone, especially if also bottles the lead sufficiently to just leave sour taste in mouths
If doesn't, he'll stay and IMO likely end with similar scores in autumn after which he could be sacked and we'd have Raul take over until an obvious alternative frees up
Zidane isn't coming back for some time IMO, he's been sick of Perez shite and needs a break. Will probably hang on to see what happens at WC

vegitot

Yup. This is playing out exactly like Barca's 17/18 season. We "ran" the league, but that was because RM were a 75 point competitor. Similar to how Benz bailed you out v PSG, Messi bailed us out v Chelsea with 3 goals. And the moment, Messi no showed in CL, we were put out of our misery and EV was exposed.

Unfortunately, Chelsea is a lot stronger than Roma was so unlike the 4-4 loss on aggregate and away game meltdown we suffered, a beatdown probably awaits you lot. I'm thinking 4-2 or 5-2 on aggregate.

Same Roma that gave Liverpool a heart attack at Rome???

El Gato

Villarato!
Same Roma that gave Liverpool a heart attack at Rome???

They didn't though did they? They were 3 goals away from the final around 89th min IIRC

That Roma was a fun and tenacious side with several experienced players, but nothing that a Spanish champion should struggle to dispatch if prepared and led correctly on and off the pitch.

vegitot

They didn't though did they? They were 3 goals away from the final around 89th min IIRC

That Roma was a fun and tenacious side with several experienced players, but nothing that a Spanish champion should struggle to dispatch if prepared and led correctly on and off the pitch.

They won 4-2 at Rome, lost 6-7 after two legs.

El Gato

Villarato!
They won 4-2 at Rome, lost 6-7 after two legs.

Yeah so scored last two goals with last few kicks of the game and needed 2 more anyway because of away goals. When Nainggolan's(?) goal went in around 89th min they knew they wouldn't make it, just Liverpool's legs gone dead at the time. Don't think Pool were ever worried they'd not qualify.

xXKonan

Not the right guy to be leading a rebuild, especially when Real's core players are all up there in age and are in the decline.

Camavinga is a great talent and Valverde who's already established himself as a great option, should have been relied a lot more on but Carlo decided running KCM to the ground was a much better idea. Real have a lot of holes in the squad still but Carlo is just not that guy to rebuild the team long term.

khaled_a_d

Not the right guy to be leading a rebuild, especially when Real's core players are all up there in age and are in the decline.

Just like EV, he wasn't appointed for rebuild. He is asked to bring back trophies and there is 90% he will do so barring an meltdown.
RM will never embrace rebuild under Perez, too arrogant and maybe too big for that. A bit just like we won't kick the veterans for the sake of rebuild, but rather keep them to remain competitive.

Most coaches (the great, the good and the bad) will prefer the veterans in such situation.
It will be up to the management to do so, but is 75 years old Florentino patient enough for rebuild? or he will reserve to getting Mbappe, Halaand and new coach just to get trophies again?

Home of Barca Fans