Cesar Azpilicueta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's still a pretty decent player and can play RB, CB and LB.

He also reported that Alemany want to sell Alba and replace him with Gaya so this makes a lot of sense in that regard too. I assume it's going to be a two or three year contract on reasonable wages as Azpi want to return to Spain to be closer to his family reportedly.

Ferran Torres
Azpi on free
Mazraoui on free
Gaya on a 10-20m deal
CB
Haaland or Vlahovic finances permitting

Looks like a great step towards becoming a great team again, on paper at least.

FinBarcelonafan

Man I am starting to love our summer based on everything I hear. We could improve a lot. Just adding this depth would be crucial. We are adding quality and depth all over the roster. Very good! Very happy.

Raketa10

He is not in his prime anymore, but on a free transfer he would be a very good signing. Way better than any RB we had after Dani Alves left.

MTL_Barca

Given our track record of RB signings getting him on a free transfer seems good even at 32.

Also good for back 3 if Xavi wants to continue playing that from time to time.

Devils

@xavicampos BREAKING: Barcelona have reached full agreement with Cesar Azpilicueta and the player will join in the summer.

Stunning.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hopefully he is our Silva.

He is still better than any of our defenseman and not weak mentally. Leader too. Exactly what we need.

Puuuh Ramos was also like that and now he has been injured for months at PSG. If he stays injury-free then its ok even though imo we have enough old players and should finally start to rebuild.

Home of Barca Fans