Cesc Fàbregas

barca1899

Man United believe that Neymar's signing could be decisive in their attempt to sign Cesc, who'd fear Neymar will displace him. [independent]
Dafuq?

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
So us signing a forward will help them sign our midfielder, despite the fact we'd be short on midfielders if we sold him? LOL. Man United have the logic of a three year old.

raskolnikov

So us signing a forward will help them sign our midfielder, despite the fact we'd be short on midfielders if we sold him? LOL. Man United have the logic of a three year old.
They do, then again so does our board and I don't trust them at all.
Selling Cesc would be stupid, thats why its so possible.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Man United believe that Neymar's signing could be decisive in their attempt to sign Cesc, who'd fear Neymar will displace him. [independent]
Dafuq?

They no nothing about football do they? Do they even realise Neymar is a left winger and cesc plays in a totally different position? Or do they think that because cesc plays upfront a few times that's his regular position nowadays?

Either way moyes and Manchester united are embarrassing themselves.

Sasuke85

Cesc is a great midfielder, but he is only an amateur forward. 1 year of trying to use him at different positions should be enough for Tito to realize this fact. After selling Thiago, Barca must keep Cesc at any cost. He will be an excellent backup for Xavi and Ini this season, and will also be a perfect replacement for Xavi in 1 or 2 more years.

I don't know why Tito could have been ambivalent about Cesc's future, when he told the press that he had had a conversation with Cesc and Cesc said he wants to stay. In my opinion, Tito should say it out loud: Cecs is not for sales.

Der Kaiser

Im anxious to see how he'll play next to Iniesta since Xavi will be rested more and more in the coming years. Everytime they played together in midfield we had no control whatsoever. One of them will have to learn to play deeper and build up the play. I would actually prefer Busquets for that role and let either Cesc or Iniesta be involved in attacking. A Song-Busquets double pivot (people are gonna hate me for that) might be worth a try, with Cesc being unleashed and doing his one-two with Messi in the middle.

Tomchin

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas (26) has some doubts about staying next season. He would like to feel more important. [rac1]

BBDD

They no nothing about football do they? Do they even realise Neymar is a left winger and cesc plays in a totally different position? Or do they think that because cesc plays upfront a few times that's his regular position nowadays?

Either way moyes and Manchester united are embarrassing themselves.
What are you talking about.. That is a random newspaper story, there has been no word from the club. And yes, the club as a whole know nothing about football, I love a good stupid and meaningless generalisation.

Banana-Rama

What are you talking about.. That is a random newspaper story, there has been no word from the club. And yes, the club as a whole know nothing about football, I love a good stupid and meaningless generalisation.

there has been now, moyes confirmed that we bid for him, quotes in the guardian. i don't know what to think of this, it seems like a very unlikely transfer, why would we bid for fabregas tho if there wasn't some encouragement given before hand, the club would just be setting themselves up to look silly otherwise...

mazp

Clubs bid for players all the time. Or inquire of players availability,even if their not for sale. So nothing silly about it. I'm thinking Barca have put a price tag on Cesc, it's just a matter of how far Manu are willing to match it or not. I'm starting to think he's not happy with his role in the team. And those rumors were on going through out the season. He's not guarantee starter at this point.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
moyes said he expects to know more in the next 24 hours about the cesc bid.

why hasnt it been rejected yet :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans