Cesc Fàbregas

Armando929

Once again Cesc is staying. There is no chance of him leaving or being sold. Even if Thiago would not have left, Cesc will not leave.

And while Xavi may not be finished, he clearly cannot play 30 plus games a season anymore and playing Cesc out of position consistently will not help him not the team. Iniesta cannot play took many games either and Tito was not capable apparently of rotating te squad to keep everyone fresh.

The system needs some tweaking as well. Our tactics have even rather predictable the past 2 seasons with this false number 9 system. Everyone knows how to defend it. We need to be more direct and aggressive and this is where Cesc thrives as opposed to Xavi who just passes it back and to the side nowadays, rarely attempting the through ball. Cesc will do that but he needs some targets and a manager who encourages it.

Eto10

Surely Man Utd are not just randomly throwing hopeless bids. There has to be encourgement from Barcelona or the player himself.

btw Why does it matter if Thiago left? Cesc doesn't play in his position nor is a similar type of player to Xavi. Wouldn't it make sense to sell him and the use the funds to buy a more suitable long term replacement and possibly a centre back?

30+ million for a player who was regularly booed by the Camp Nou faithfuls is good money.

xxxxxx

They best not sell him for anything under £40m. I'm starting to think Cesc wants to go to Man Utd, because why would Utd keep bidding if there was no chance?

To lose Thiago, Villa and Cesc in the same window is poor, especially if we don't replace them.

F

Frejsgodes

Manchester United should stop wasting their time on this and focus on more realistic targets. They're not going to get Cesc.

USWAY

Weird by United. It seems pretty obvious he isn't going anywhere now that we just lost a midfielder, not that he ever was, but they just keep bidding. If they were willing to drop big cash on a proven midfielder, where was this before their Thiago fiasco?

Superfly

Banned
They best not sell him for anything under £40m. I'm starting to think Cesc wants to go to Man Utd, because why would Utd keep bidding if there was no chance?

It's Moyes trying to save face from (eventually) losing Rooney. Bid on Thiago, Cesc, Bale, get none, and when the window ends tell the fans that they tried. They'll end up with Fellaini.

Even Wenger told them to not bother bidding for Cesc. He knows more than anybody at United considering he still keeps in close contact with Cesc himself.

abual3bed1

I don't think United are wasting their time because of Cesc's loyalty to Arsenal, it's because our board still have some sort of brains and won't let another midfielder leave the team at this moment. Having Thiago still in the team, I think both Cesc and the board will consider United's bid.

ceefoo

Weird by United. It seems pretty obvious he isn't going anywhere now that we just lost a midfielder, not that he ever was, but they just keep bidding. If they were willing to drop big cash on a proven midfielder, where was this before their Thiago fiasco?
They are so desperate for quality midfielders, it's quite sad really.

tumblr_inline_mg5tfzGc8i1rc7f72.gif

Superfly

Banned
I don't think United are wasting their time because of Cesc's loyalty to Arsenal, it's because our board still have some sort of brains and won't let another midfielder leave the team at this moment. Having Thiago still in the team, I think both Cesc and the board will consider United's bid.

It's not because of loyalty, it's because Wenger said Cesc wants to give it another year. If anyone is to believed it's him since he regularly talks to Cesc and he'd be one of the first to know if Cesc is available. Cesc is staying.

xxxxxx

It's not because of loyalty, it's because Wenger said Cesc wants to give it another year. If anyone is to believed it's him since he regularly talks to Cesc and he'd be one of the first to know if Cesc is available. Cesc is staying.

To be honest, Wenger has said a lot of things that hasn't turned out being true.

Home of Barca Fans