Cesc Fàbregas

akaranzo

There you go. Fabregas will be a squad player and rotated when Xavi and Iniesta are tired. I don't think that is a role he will be happy with.

He was 2nd on the list of players with the most appearances in the team last season, this season Thiago is gone so he'll have even more appearances, how can he not be happy with that??

barcanuck

He was 2nd on the list of players with the most appearances in the team last season, this season Thiago is gone so he'll have even more appearances, how can he not be happy with that??

Those apparances are a bit tricky however, he was 10th in terms of minutes with 2608 minutes. So he got subbebed out pretty much every start he had :D

oz187

No, it's true, Cesc will very likely get a lot less minutes this season. The first choice midfield will be Busi, Xavi, Iniesta with Neymar, Messi, Alexis/Pedro up front. Iniesta will rarely if ever be playing as left wing so that will reduce the minutes Cesc plays in midfield. There's also more chance than not that Messi won't get injured next season like this season in which case Cesc won't get minutes as false 9.

He'll get a decent number of minutes, but likely less than last season and again not in big games. Unless he improves a lot or there's a marked decline in Xavi. Or of course injuries.

L

Learo

No, it's true, Cesc will very likely get a lot less minutes this season. The first choice midfield will be Busi, Xavi, Iniesta with Neymar, Messi, Alexis/Pedro up front. Iniesta will rarely if ever be playing as left wing so that will reduce the minutes Cesc plays in midfield. There's also more chance than not that Messi won't get injured next season like this season in which case Cesc won't get minutes as false 9.

He'll get a decent number of minutes, but likely less than last season and again not in big games. Unless he improves a lot or there's a marked decline in Xavi. Or of course injuries.

Or Iniesta playing on the right wing.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
There you go. Fabregas will be a squad player and rotated when Xavi and Iniesta are tired. I don't think that is a role he will be happy with.

I think he will be even more happy with his role next season. First of all, overall he had a better season than Xavi - even if they of course play a little bit different roles. With at least 1 very good CB purchase I don't see why we couldn't play 3-4-3 with Cesc as AM, especially against weaker teams. He needs a little bit better first touch and he needs his decision making to speed up. Anyway, I have high hopes for him next season and I really think he will produce.

mixer

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has told friends he wants to stay and fight for his place at Barcelona. [sun]

slvtn

No matter how happy Cesc will be, the majority of the forum will still hate him with every minute he gets. I wonder how quickly that would change if he'd score some important goals...

I'm looking forward to see him (more often), as Tata claimed he wants Cesc to stay, so that sounds like he has a plan.

Meitux

When will you understand that this isn't about hate?Its about the fact of noone getting satisfied tottaly from his perfomances.And i don't blame him for everything,hes been used as CM or false 9,role that he can't perform there.Hes a clear attacking midfielder and his best ability is his vision of making assists.He won't work like a player who controls the midfield and spreads the ball around.

For this moment he can be contained of being rotated but not exactly having the regular role cause Iniesta is in this position.Back in summer 2011 i never really felt the need of having him here.More about we had a central midfielder that could be more usefull of playing rather than Fabregas being used in a position he can't work.

Last edited:

Galning

Yep it's starting to get ridiculous with these "hate" comments. I don't hate Cesc. I just wish he'd perform better, something most Barcelona fans want. It's only normal we expect more of him because we all know he is able to perform better than how he did now. We do not "hate" him. Hate is such a strong word, even "dislike" is still too strong. We're just not happy with his overall performances, it has nothing to do with Cesc Fàbregas as a person.

Like a player's performance -> fanboy
Dislike a player's performance -> hater
Both terms are so lame too. And yeah, before anyone starts some comments are indeed a bit too much but Cesc isn't the only one who receives such criticism. Alexis, Pedro, etc... all say hi.

Richard.H

Yep it's starting to get ridiculous with these "hate" comments. I don't hate Cesc. I just wish he'd perform better, something most Barcelona fans want. It's only normal we expect more of him because we all know he is able to perform better than how he did now. We do not "hate" him. Hate is such a strong word, even "dislike" is still too strong. We're just not happy with his overall performances, it has nothing to do with Cesc Fàbregas as a person.

Like a player's performance -> fanboy
Dislike a player's performance -> hater
Both terms are so lame too. And yeah, before anyone starts some comments are indeed a bit too much but Cesc isn't the only one who receives such criticism. Alexis, Pedro, etc... all say hi.

Yet you constantly mocked those and spoke against those who were against Alexis. Yes, both crowds are annoying, but there is certain guilt in most users here in that we all have our biases. I get shocked when people say Pedro has been performing better than Alexis(and still do), but I fully understand that others may have different opinion.

Home of Barca Fans