Cesc Fàbregas

ceefoo

Why hasn't Fabregas spoken out and committed his future at the club already?
For me the silence is very telling. He clearly is not 100% committed to Barcelona and probably wants guarantees of his place in the starting line-up ahead of the world cup.
FFS! Try reading through the board and you will see that he has.

He shouldn't need to come out every time some club makes a misguided and delusional approach. That is not in the players interest. It gives the player more bargaining power when he knows he is being openly solicited by another club.

In an ideal world, the player would discount the rumours each time but that is just not realistic. Especially when the media are so manipulative at twisting words.

KluivertsBoots

I think Cesc, with his agent Darren Dein, has been covering his bases this summer. I would not expect him to take United's offer, but he has clearly been setting the table for something. Tito could not consistently integrate Cesc tactically, and we'll see if Tata also has his chance to make it work.

Cesc's problem at Barcelona is his position. He is a classic #10 enganche (Riquelme school), and Barcelona does not play with such a player. Leo covers the traditional 9 and 10 positions single-handedly. Cesc is best suited for Barcelona in a diamond 3-4-3 (a formation rarely ever used at FCB or anywhere else...or in a 3-3-1-3 variation).

Cesc will not truly flourish as a player until he gets into a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 variation (exactly what United will use) using a classic #10. Even if Rooney goes, he'd still compete with Shinji Kagawa for a starting post.

Shegzy

I think Cesc, with his agent Darren Dein, has been covering his bases this summer. I would not expect him to take United's offer, but he has clearly been setting the table for something. Tito could not consistently integrate Cesc tactically, and we'll see if Tata also has his chance to make it work.

Cesc's problem at Barcelona is his position. He is a classic #10 enganche (Riquelme school), and Barcelona does not play with such a player. Leo covers the traditional 9 and 10 positions single-handedly. Cesc is best suited for Barcelona in a diamond 3-4-3 (a formation rarely ever used at FCB or anywhere else...or in a 3-3-1-3 variation).

Cesc will not truly flourish as a player until he gets into a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 variation (exactly what United will use) using a classic #10. Even if Rooney goes, he'd still compete with Shinji Kagawa for a starting post.

shinji kagawa will just be his backup if rooney leaves and cesc goes to man u.

desoe

Different question ... Would you go into this season without Fabregas and without real cover for Xavi but as a result getting Gündogan next season for less than the fee we payed for Fabregas? Bayern/Real Madrid seem stocked at CM and he'd certainly prefer Barcelona over every EPL club. Not that I believe our bids have any chance of being accepted ...

It'd be a disaster and our board knows that. That's one of the reasons why Cesc is unsellable at the moment, no matter if you bid 30, 35 or 40 millions

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Tata wants messi to be more of a number nine rather than dropping deep. This suits cesc as he makes runs from central midfield into the space between the lines and is his best role. He won't have Messi clogging up his space.

Darko

didnt Tata say that Messi is the best in the world in the false 9 position and that he will continue to play there because he can not only show his finishing there but also his passing,creativity etc?

KluivertsBoots

Tata wants messi to be more of a number nine rather than dropping deep. This suits cesc as he makes runs from central midfield into the space between the lines and is his best role. He won't have Messi clogging up his space.

In the biggest matches against teams who might actually push out, that's great. However, against 90% of competition Leo must drop because there is no space behind. Fabregas can take a turn as the furthest forward when that happens, but he can't do that when he's playing a CM possession. He must maintain a disciplined position and keep the ball. This is what he struggles with. He's a bit of an anarchist. Also, you'll have Neymar and Sanchez looking to run into that space as well and be furthest forward when Leo drops.

Cesc is much better suited to the Iniesta role than that of a Xavi or Busquets. Cesc isn't an organizer. Cesc rarely gets to play in that left CM role. Sergi Roberto has put on a clinic in how to play that position this pre-season.

Armando929

Cesc needs continuity. He needs more time in the deep lying role and he'd adapt I'm sure. The question is would the fans and staff have the PATIENCE to wait.

I think this is Xavi's last hurrah. He just can't play the same number of games at the consistent high level anymore. And Iniesta's injuries could also start to pile up if proper rotations are not done, not to mention Messi who got injured at a crucial moment for us last season.

Cesc will have a more prominent role this season I think.

Eto10

Cesc needs continuity. He needs more time in the deep lying role and he'd adapt I'm sure. The question is would the fans and staff have the PATIENCE to wait.

I think this is Xavi's last hurrah. He just can't play the same number of games at the consistent high level anymore. And Iniesta's injuries could also start to pile up if proper rotations are not done, not to mention Messi who got injured at a crucial moment for us last season.

Cesc will have a more prominent role this season I think.

Fabregas is not Xavi's replacement and never will be. Two very very different midfielders. No point talking about how old Xavi is because Cesc is a number 10.

I've said this once and i will say it again. Man Utd will bid 40 million for Fabregas very soon and Barca needs to take the money and run away. Put those funds into finding a true replacement for Xavi, someone like Gundogan and a defender. That will be much more beneficial for Barca in the long term.

F

Flavia

I saw on rumor from CdS, that utd will bid 30m for Marchisio. If true, they gave up on Cesc.

Home of Barca Fans