Cesc Fàbregas

Armando929

I think he did well in the deep role. He just wasn't as involved in the attack because of that but I think it was tactical.

Jadentheman

He will never be the player to play alongside Iniesta. He needs a much more free role, and by giving him that, we loose way to much on our buildup.
Xavi is the maestro of our game, playing without him is like an orchestra without a dirigent. They can play, but not nearly as good.

Each orchestra conductor or music writer has his/her own style of music or in this case of how they play the game of football. Cesc is very different from Xavi, but that's never bad for the team. They just have to change externally on the way they play. But Barcelona can always keep the same style and philosophy internally as they done for many years with or without Xavi. I won't worry. I think Cesc has proven himself at least me and he has a bright future here.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

CatalinR10

BUjjjvdCQAEQeiu.jpg

Meitux

Fabregas is simply not a central midfielder who will control the tempo of the game, it's already proved so many times that he performs being used in his main position as attacking midfielder and in Barcelona it's slightly even more free. You be sure that Fabregas is not the man that will replace Xavi and will be the central midfielder of this team. Fabregas always need to be used as an attacking midfielder, you shouldn't think the possility of Fabregas playing there just to have a regular place in the team, but there is Iniesta.

In my personal opinion even you remove Xavi from our line up we need someone who will be a box to box actually, to improve our strengh and defensive abilities in our midfield. Even with Iniesta and Fabregas Busquets is still left alone of doing defensive work, some people suggest to play Mascherano or Song alongside him and change his role but it's not enough, i wouldn't risk of changing his role when he performs exceptionally and actually Busquets doesn't have attacking abilities to get forward. And Song wouldn't perform like Busquets does in his defensive midfielder role. The best thing to do if you see it all ways is to continue using Busquets as defensive midfielder get a box to box midfielder with good offensive and defensive abilities and only one of Fabregas or Iniesta to play. If we want to improve our team and mostly on defending both of them can't provide anything defensively. That's why the way i see it the transfer of Fabregas always marked question if he'll ever get a regular place in this team without having to create problems or remove others players to fit him, he was unneeded the time he came and certainly it didn't make sense brining him. I'm not saying right now that he's useless, im some time he will make the place his own, but right now a midfield of Iniesta and Cesc looks wrong to me. Always with the logic that if we want to improve our overall defending we need to give strengh to our midfield too.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I think cesc should rotate with iniesta, and xavi with roberto. But if cesc and iniesta play together, iniesta should be the cm, not cesc.

Fabregas is simply not a central midfielder who will control the tempo of the game, it's already proved so many times that he performs being used in his main position as attacking midfielder and in Barcelona it's slightly even more free. You be sure that Fabregas is not the man that will replace Xavi and will be the central midfielder of this team. Fabregas always need to be used as an attacking midfielder, you shouldn't think the possility of Fabregas playing there just to have a regular place in the team, but there is Iniesta.

In my personal opinion even you remove Xavi from our line up we need someone who will be a box to box actually, to improve our strengh and defensive abilities in our midfield. Even with Iniesta and Fabregas Busquets is still left alone of doing defensive work, some people suggest to play Mascherano or Song alongside him and change his role but it's not enough, i wouldn't risk of changing his role when he performs exceptionally and actually Busquets doesn't have attacking abilities to get forward. And Song wouldn't perform like Busquets does in his defensive midfielder role. The best thing to do if you see it all ways is to continue using Busquets as defensive midfielder get a box to box midfielder with good offensive and defensive abilities and only one of Fabregas or Iniesta to play. If we want to improve our team and mostly on defending both of them can't provide anything defensively. That's why the way i see it the transfer of Fabregas always marked question if he'll ever get a regular place in this team without having to create problems or remove others players to fit him, he was unneeded the time he came and certainly it didn't make sense brining him. I'm not saying right now that he's useless, im some time he will make the place his own, but right now a midfield of Iniesta and Cesc looks wrong to me. Always with the logic that if we want to improve our overall defending we need to give strengh to our midfield too.
IMO you can achieve that by playing a Masch-Busq double pivot (assuming we can find a CB replacement) in a 4-2-2-2 formation. ATM, Neymar plays predominantly on the left; but I see him eventually following Messi's lead by playing a more central, freer role. Playing Neymar alongside Messi in the center shouldn't be a problem given both player's mobility, the fact that Messi often leaves the center to play more deeply and that even when he's playing centrally he's usually leaning to the right. So what we'll need is not another RW, but an AM and that's where Fabregas comes in. By playing a double pivot, you let Fabregas stay at his preferred role of AM alongside Iniesta while also strengthening the midfield defensively. The main drawback to this formation is that offensively you loose the attacking firepower of playing an additional RW, while defensively you have less pressing. That being said, loosing Alexis/Pedro/Tello would be more than compensated for offensively by giving Neymar a more central role while playing Fabregas in his preferred position; while playing a BM double-pivot would make us a lot less vulnerable over the counter especially given the fact that as a DM Mascherano has more pace and is a better tackler than Busquets, not to mention his excellent anticipation and reading of the game. Another unexpected advantage to this formation is that when Xavi is on the field it's very hard not to let him take over and dictate play –*but with Fabregas playing and Busquets playing more as a DM/CM, you can alternate between playing a more direct style by focusing on Fab or a more possession based style by focusing on Busquets.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
wasnt a typical possession game from the 3 that started, but he still scored a goal and grabbed an assist. :p

kostasgtc

+111

Home of Barca Fans