Cesc Fàbregas

SeloBarca

Bad game by Fabregas, didnt do much good except an (maybe offside) assist and an easy goal. Looked slow. One of the lowest rating players of the game imo.

Fabregas is simply not a central midfielder who will control the tempo of the game, it's already proved so many times that he performs being used in his main position as attacking midfielder and in Barcelona it's slightly even more free. You be sure that Fabregas is not the man that will replace Xavi and will be the central midfielder of this team. Fabregas always need to be used as an attacking midfielder, you shouldn't think the possility of Fabregas playing there just to have a regular place in the team, but there is Iniesta.

In my personal opinion even you remove Xavi from our line up we need someone who will be a box to box actually, to improve our strengh and defensive abilities in our midfield. Even with Iniesta and Fabregas Busquets is still left alone of doing defensive work, some people suggest to play Mascherano or Song alongside him and change his role but it's not enough, i wouldn't risk of changing his role when he performs exceptionally and actually Busquets doesn't have attacking abilities to get forward. And Song wouldn't perform like Busquets does in his defensive midfielder role. The best thing to do if you see it all ways is to continue using Busquets as defensive midfielder get a box to box midfielder with good offensive and defensive abilities and only one of Fabregas or Iniesta to play. If we want to improve our team and mostly on defending both of them can't provide anything defensively. That's why the way i see it the transfer of Fabregas always marked question if he'll ever get a regular place in this team without having to create problems or remove others players to fit him, he was unneeded the time he came and certainly it didn't make sense brining him. I'm not saying right now that he's useless, im some time he will make the place his own, but right now a midfield of Iniesta and Cesc looks wrong to me. Always with the logic that if we want to improve our overall defending we need to give strengh to our midfield too.

Agreed. Fabregas is not a bad player, theres just no spot to fit his playstyle. We need an Engine, which is Xavi today. One of the bigger reasons for our decline, is Xavi getting older. Fabregas and Iniesta are similiar styles, but Iniesta is much quicker and better dribbling while Fabregas has better finishes.

Last edited:

Meitux

Agreed. Fabregas is not a good player, theres just no spot to fit his playstyle. We need an Engine, which is Xavi today. One of the bigger reasons for our decline, is Xavi getting older. Fabregas and Iniesta are similiar styles, but Iniesta is much quicker and better dribbling while Fabregas has better finishes.
I didn't say that Fabregas is a bad player, i said that we should use a box to box player to improve our midfield in defending qualites and strengh. The point is as i said in my post that even if there is a midfield of Iniesta to be the CM and Fabregas as attacking midfielder we still look weak and Busquets is left alone to do the defending. Busquets a box to box and only one of Fabregas or Iniesta should have a place there depending on their performances. But right now we shouldn't walk away by the fact that our midfield is weak and our starting midfielders except Busquets can't provide defensive abilities to just fit both Iniesta and Fabregas in the line up. And as i said again in the position and role he plays he was unneeded, ofc ourse he'll take over the attacking midfield role somewhen but back when he came he wasn't needed. But i never said Fabregas is a bad player.

Zebulun

I didn't say that Fabregas is a bad player, i said that we should use a box to box player to improve our midfield in defending qualites and strengh. The point is as i said in my post that even if there is a midfield of Iniesta to be the CM and Fabregas as attacking midfielder we still look weak and Busquets is left alone to do the defending. Busquets a box to box and only one of Fabregas or Iniesta should have a place there depending on their performances. But right now we shouldn't walk away by the fact that our midfield is weak and our starting midfielders except Busquets can't provide defensive abilities to just fit both Iniesta and Fabregas in the line up. And as i said again in the position and role he plays he was unneeded, ofc ourse he'll take over the attacking midfield role somewhen but back when he came he wasn't needed. But i never said Fabregas is a bad player.

Agreed, that man is no one else but Vidal!

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Bad game by Fabregas, didnt do much good except an (maybe offside) assist and an easy goal. Looked slow. One of the lowest rating players of the game imo.

Agreed. Fabregas is not a bad player, theres just no spot to fit his playstyle. We need an Engine, which is Xavi today. One of the bigger reasons for our decline, is Xavi getting older. Fabregas and Iniesta are similiar styles, but Iniesta is much quicker and better dribbling while Fabregas has better finishes.
ohh makes me remind those old days when lots used to say Xavi n Iniesta are too similar to play together when we had deco. and just after a year booooom 6 trophies in a year.LOL

dmode

Yeah, pretty bad game except for the assist, the goal, and setting up Neymar's assist.

P

PhilS

theres just no spot to fit his playstyle. We need an Engine, which is Xavi today. One of the bigger reasons for our decline, is Xavi getting older. Fabregas and Iniesta are similiar styles, but Iniesta is much quicker and better dribbling while Fabregas has better finishes.
I think there is no wrong place for the 20 goals plus 20 assists Cesc will bring this year. Cesc will be lifting trophies. Cesc is playing a lot better than either Iniesta or Xavi, they must compensate for Cesc's fre role.

Home of Barca Fans