Cesc Fàbregas

Jelboo

Cesc is amazing, we've witnessed that and we should acknowledge that. But NOT as a false 9. Anywhere but there!

Mesu

Don't understand all the hate towards Fabregas. He is not a forward and I think he should be given some credit for creating those chances by making those runs into the box which Pedro don't make even in his dreams anymore. Even after missing chances, he had the guts to keep trying to score rather than hiding.

karthik

Cesc is at his best, when he has players providing runs in front of him. Its not like if he plays in the midfield, we will have forwards running around. We either way congest the midfield and play small triangles, which doesn't match his skills.

Be it a SS or a Midfielder, if he has players giving runs you can always see a shower of through balls and chances being created. That is his strength. Not tiki-taka

flamenco

most of the internationals were exhausted yesterday and he's one of them. No one was @their best and Cesc was simply having a bad day. So were Pedro and Iniesta. The lucky thing for Barca is that Atletico was defeated yesterday, leaving us istill in the lead :xavi:

Kerrybai

I think he should play in midfield alongside Xavi vs Madrid. His direct play should open up the Madrid defence provided Sanchez and Neymar make the correct runs.

raskolnikov

He probably wont start, it will be busi/Iniesta/Xavi and Neymar-Messi-Alexis I guess.
Cesc should always play in midfield though, false 9 if no Messi should be Alexis or Neymar, especially against park the bus type tough opponents.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not Cesc's fault he plays as false 9. He's easily been our best midfielder so far this season.

jamrock

1) Sergi Busquets says HI
2) cesc has been avg even when played in midfield for a couple of weeks now, he has a great 3/4 games to start the season then has been below par ever since, looking even worst when he plays the messi position.

SeloBarca

Cesc is not a midfielder, nor an attacker. Hes a player that should play a little bit behind the attacker. Unfortunally we dont have that position in Barcelona.

If we play him at false 9, we get locked. If we play him in midfield, we get locked and Messi is forced down.
Cesc is not bad, there just no spot for his playstyle.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
jamrocks hate continues. cesc has been the best midfielder even ahead of sergio. that shows how well he is playing, not a putdown on our other midfielders.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cesc is not a midfielder, nor an attacker. Hes a player that should play a little bit behind the attacker. Unfortunally we dont have that position in Barcelona.

If we play him at false 9, we get locked. If we play him in midfield, we get locked and Messi is forced down.
Cesc is not bad, there just no spot for his playstyle.

Long been my position, as well...That being said, he had chances to be the hero yesterday but failed to capitalize...and at other times, he simply got in the way, I thought...When Neymar started drifting into the center, where did that leave Cesc?...He was not very useful ultimately but I didn't like the triumvirate of Cesc, Iniesta & Xavi anyway

Of course, he has had a great start to the season, as he has the last couple but often he drifts out of a game and cannot influence the match - particularly against the parked buses

Still say he could've been the hero yesterday although ultimately I thought the team overall was pretty rusty after the INTL break...coupled with a questionable starting XI & substitutions by Martino

CatalinR10

He should have played in the midfield. Neymar is waaay better than him in the false 9 position.

Don't know why Tito and now Martino keep playing Cesc there. Maybe neither have the balls to bench one of Xavi or Cesc.

Home of Barca Fans