Cesc Fàbregas

Darko

I disagree, Tata is really smart - he only brings on Cesc when the opponent starts committing men forward. In these situations, Cesc is a dream player, a lot better than any of our midfielders.

If Cesc had started, he would be giving the ball away whenever he gets crowded out.

True,the only thing Tata could have done better is to sub in Cesc a bit earlier.

BerkeleyBernie

I disagree, Tata is really smart - he only brings on Cesc when the opponent starts committing men forward. In these situations, Cesc is a dream player, a lot better than any of our midfielders.

If Cesc had started, he would be giving the ball away whenever he gets crowded out.

Yup. He's best to bring on when Barça can afford to take the risk. He's not awful in possession, but Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets is by far the best line-up when control of the game is the priority.

abual3bed1

Before last night, Cesc Fabgregas was on a 14 game run without a single assist in the Champions league. Last assist was against Benfica to Alexis at Lisbon last season.

CatalinR10

Tw Cesc: "Mission accomplished, we are in 1/8 finals! #ChampionsLeague" [@cesc4official]

He should start the next 2 games.

Iniesta's been pretty good recently too (especially in the bigger games: Madrid and Milan), despite the bad start to the season. And Cesc/Iniesta hasn't worked that well before.

Papabeef

Iniesta's been pretty good recently too (especially in the bigger games: Madrid and Milan), despite the bad start to the season. And Cesc/Iniesta hasn't worked that well before.

True, but it basically NEEDs to work at some point, Xavi wont play forever and we lost our Alcantara, i think Cesc or Iniesta should take shots at being more central, and other up front. for the good of the future, i get nightmares of Puyol, and Xavi retiring but cest la vie i guess....

KhaledBarca

He should have started against AC Milan, his through balls and link up with Messi and Neymar would have killed Milan's defence. Iniesta and Xavi need to be more sharp in the final third!

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Cesc can be extremely useful when used in midfield... I just think that maybe he should start more or get subbed in a little earlier...

True, but it basically NEEDs to work at some point, Xavi wont play forever and we lost our Alcantara, i think Cesc or Iniesta should take shots at being more central, and other up front. for the good of the future, i get nightmares of Puyol, and Xavi retiring but cest la vie i guess....

We need a replacement for him IMO. In fact, we should have tried to replace him over the summer (CB was more important, but we should definitely have given it more thought). Then again, maybe we can make Cesc/Iniesta work, especially since the tactics have been changed.

Home of Barca Fans