Cesc Fàbregas

Jelboo

I think the Ajax game proved it. Again and again, Tata keeps putting Cesc as a false 9 and it just doesn't work!!! He needs players in front of him to deliver the ball to. He is a creator!

The Observer

Cesc: "We've had a team chat with the coach. There's always self-criticism, but this was the season's first defeat and we have to react."

Cesc: "We've to improve many things, we're aware of that, but we shouldn't dramatize either. This was the best moment to lose, and to react"

Cesc: "We have to move the ball faster, show more motivation, attack with the ball and be intense, both in defense and attack."

Cesc: "I watched the game again with my daughter the other day. It wasn't about attitude - we didn't run well and the transition was slow."

Cesc: "Guardiola was a visionary, that Barça was the best team in history, but now we might need to change some things, find alternatives."

Cesc: "My position is in midfield, two years ago I hadn't yet played as striker, but if I have to play there, I do the best I can."

Some nice words from Mr. Fabregas.

Andrew M

I think the Ajax game proved it. Again and again, Tata keeps putting Cesc as a false 9 and it just doesn't work!!! He needs players in front of him to deliver the ball to. He is a creator!

I agree. He does not have the pace to destabilize a defence.

F

Flavia

Cesc: "My position is in midfield, two years ago I hadn't yet played as striker, but if I have to play there, I do the best I can."

He's implying he doesn't play well as false 9. He knows it, as we do. I don't think he'd tell Tata to not play him there, but he's trying subtly to do it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
false 9 against rayo vallecano at camp nou is ok, not against Athletic Bilbao, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid or any other half decent team

F

Flavia

Cesc's been immense as a midfielder, but he doesn't play well at false 9. I wonder how many more games it'll take to martino to realize this.

Alexsmith

Stop the false 9 crap Martino.

The cause of the false 9 has struck Tata.
What I don't get is that since it is obviously a stupid system which has been found out, why do our Managers keep playing it.
Is there some unseen presure from above to keep playing false 9.

Juan03

I don't understand why Martino keeps playing him as false 9. He is clearly not at his best in that position.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The complaints about him being played at false 9 aren't considering any alternatives. If we drop Cesc from false 9 and play Alexis/Neymar there, not only do we take one of those players out of their natural positions and make them worse when we can't afford to, but we'd also have to play Pedro which would only lead to another uproar from fans complaining how Pedro is "useless up front" and that playing that lineup is a "shit managerial decision".

JamDav1982

The complaints about him being played at false 9 aren't considering any alternatives. If we drop Cesc from false 9 and play Alexis/Neymar there, not only do we take one of those players out of their natural positions and make them worse when we can't afford to, but we'd also have to play Pedro which would only lead to another uproar from fans complaining how Pedro is "useless up front" and that playing that lineup is a "shit managerial decision".

Was Pedro not playing through the middle for Spain and got almost a goal a game for a while.

He would be better suited through the middle than Cesc who is needed in MF.

Neither Xavi or Iniesta are interested in getting the ball forward quickly.

It is getting to the point that they are looking like refusing to alter their play in any way this season.

Home of Barca Fans