Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

Pedro isn't as bad as Cesc as false 9, Don. Also, Alexis could be tested as a 9, not a false one. But with Cesc as false 9, the attack loses one player.

Juan03

The complaints about him being played at false 9 aren't considering any alternatives. If we drop Cesc from false 9 and play Alexis/Neymar there, not only do we take one of those players out of their natural positions and make them worse when we can't afford to, but we'd also have to play Pedro which would only lead to another uproar from fans complaining how Pedro is "useless up front" and that playing that lineup is a "shit managerial decision".

I think Alexis should be played centrally, he has good pace and is constantly unmarking himself and making good runs. His finishing has improved from past seasons too.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The complaints about him being played at false 9 aren't considering any alternatives. If we drop Cesc from false 9 and play Alexis/Neymar there, not only do we take one of those players out of their natural positions and make them worse when we can't afford to, but we'd also have to play Pedro which would only lead to another uproar from fans complaining how Pedro is "useless up front" and that playing that lineup is a "shit managerial decision".

Take Alexis and Neymar "out of their natural positions and make them worse"? They are isolated on the wings right now, many times it looks like we can play with a robot that only passes back to where the ball came from. Alexis and Neymar are wasted in the current system under the current tactics, it's a total waste. Why do we even need to stretch our wingers that wide and that far of from any danger? Tonight Cesc was in the midfield and our wingers touching the sidelines = we actually played without forwards - I guess Bilbao was surprised, but also very thankful - 1 shot on goal, wow!

SeloBarca

Neymar-Alexis-Pedro

Neymar and Pedro also have to be further in towards the middle and come with speed, not beeing forced to pick up longballs near the corner flag...

Vapor

Ugh I'm just so tired of Pedro. I would rather we take a shot with Cuenca at this point. Even if he's not 100% I bet he's still more creative and dynamic than Pedro, and creativity and dynamism is what we need right now. Cesc might be able to work with the kid better.

I really thought that Cesc at false 9 could turn out to be great, given Cesc's penchant for the final ball. But clearly this hasn't work out as good as I thought it might. Cesc just can't position himself in proper attacking positions to make things happen, midfield comes too naturally to him. Although we don't have many options I do agree that we need to start trying SOME alternative besides Cesc at false 9... it could potentially start weakening his self-confidence and the run of great form he has been having this season.

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
When you have one of the best creators in the world, you play him in midfield and not as a false number 9. Cesc is no good as a false number 9, when will Tata realise that. I'd rather we tried Sanchez there with Pedro and Neymar either side of him.

Chainsaw

Killahead
When you have one of the best creators in the world, you play him in midfield and not as a false number 9. Cesc is no good as a false number 9, when will Tata realise that. I'd rather we tried Sanchez there with Pedro and Neymar either side of him.

Tata didn't invent Cesc as the false number 9, Pep did. Tata is simply continuing with this tradition because the team is more familiar with this way, since even in the NT VdB many times follow the same thing. I think the slow transition of the team as the whole is still more of a problem than Cesc playing the false #9. And it's like not the midfield has too many free spots to to simply switch Cesc back into the midfield and be done with that. Unless Tata change the formation to 4-3-1-2 and play Cesc behind Messi and Neymar.

Jaguar

Flair Trait

That with Fabregas in the midfield with Iniesta and Busquets. Xavi should have been rested this game and Fabregas really slows down our attack.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Tata didn't invent Cesc as the false number 9, Pep did. Tata is simply continuing with this tradition because the team is more familiar with this way, since even in the NT VdB many times follow the same thing. I think the slow transition of the team as the whole is still more of a problem than Cesc playing the false #9. And it's like not the midfield has too many free spots to to simply switch Cesc back into the midfield and be done with that. Unless Tata change the formation to 4-3-1-2 and play Cesc behind Messi and Neymar.
I never said he invented Cesc as the false number 9. I am only saying when will he realise it doesn't work.

DinhoR10

Neymar-Alexis-Pedro

Neymar and Pedro also have to be further in towards the middle and come with speed, not beeing forced to pick up longballs near the corner flag...

Thankyou Tata has stuffed him on the line, it would be one thing if he was dribbling into the centre but thats not the case these days.

barca1899

Baei0azCcAAmd32.jpg:large

That says it all...

DinhoR10

He should be the rcm next to iniesta. They along with busi put together a brilliant passing game in the last game we actually won.

barcanuck

Problem is since we bought him it's hard for any coach to bench Xavi or Iniesta so Cesc can go into mid. That's what the whole problem with buying him has caused us. At the moment Xavi and Iniesta are both very average and this guy needs to play in mid.

The Cesc/Iniesta has shown some promise this season, particularly in the Granada game. Maybe we should try it more often. Especially when Xavi's out of form.

Cule4life

The Culest
Everyone and their mother knows that Cesc sucks big black hairy donkey b***s at "false false 9" or "invisible 9" except Tata. If this continues i will be forced to entertain the notion that Tata is clueless. Play Alexis there. Heck even Pedro might be better there. I think Iniesta-Cesc-Busi midfield should be tried more. Xavi is a shadow of his former self and must be rested more

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans