Cesc Fàbregas

CatalinR10

,,Join me to the showers "

Bgi2XVtIAAIyfin.jpg

Armando929

Yep. It's been clear for a while that Cesc is ready for the mantle. Those through balls and one touch passes today plus how he kept possession is what we need if were gonna win titles this year.

jamrock

you can't use this game to say he should start over xavi, cesc as always done well in these types of games, its game where he gets no space and time that he struggles

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
you can't use this game to say he should start over xavi, cesc as always done well in these types of games, its game where he gets no space and time that he struggles
No, it's the games he played as a false 9 that you're talking about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

That's funny because I always see people saying Xavi is an absolute necessity by referring back to his one 30 minute cameo vs Villarreal :lol:

I swear people change their tune about Cesc every week. Before he couldn't perform against pressing teams and could only break down buses. Now people say "well yeah the game is open, but try doing that against a parked bus like Xavi had to play against". Any time a team presses, they leave space at the back. If we play a quick game like we should, Cesc can exploit that space despite the pressure. Rayo pressed us today, but since our tempo was very quick it made no difference. A pressing team plays an open game, giving an advantage to Cesc. A parked bus team allows him to have a lot of time, giving an advantage to Cesc. The only games where he struggles are when we play a tough pressing team AND our tempo is unbelievably slow to the point where we have no options or energy to get forward (and the culprit for that is.......you guessed it, Xavi.)

Neymessi

I remember fans saying thiago should be kept and fabregas sold to keep thiago at barca.I never wanted cesc to leave for thiago.Even now cesc is better than thaigo although thiago is young.This guy is a jem.He has the highest assists in all players this season and that too with some margin and when he was played so many times as false 9 by tata.

Vapor

That's funny because I always see people saying Xavi is an absolute necessity by referring back to his one 30 minute cameo vs Villarreal :lol:

I swear people change their tune about Cesc every week. Before he couldn't perform against pressing teams and could only break down buses. Now people say "well yeah the game is open, but try doing that against a parked bus like Xavi had to play against". Any time a team presses, they leave space at the back. If we play a quick game like we should, Cesc can exploit that space despite the pressure. Rayo pressed us today, but since our tempo was very quick it made no difference. A pressing team plays an open game, giving an advantage to Cesc. A parked bus team allows him to have a lot of time, giving an advantage to Cesc. The only games where he struggles are when we play a tough pressing team AND our tempo is unbelievably slow to the point where we have no options or energy to get forward (and the culprit for that is.......you guessed it, Xavi.)
Amen brother, well said.

Galning

I remember fans saying thiago should be kept and fabregas sold to keep thiago at barca.I never wanted cesc to leave for thiago.Even now cesc is better than thaigo although thiago is young.This guy is a jem.He has the highest assists in all players this season and that too with some margin and when he was played so many times as false 9 by tata.

Thiago shouldn't have gone, full stop. Don't know why you make it sound like it was between him and Fàbregas.

Home of Barca Fans