Cesc Fàbregas

Neeraj

I would gladly offload Cesc for a nice fee. But the problem is the latter part. We always seem to buy expensive sell cheap. Ibra Villa Toure Thiago and countless other people who have gone for a fraction at what they should have gone for, especially if you see the absolutely unfathomable transfers that happen in the EPL (Torres, Henderson, etc.). Give me 35 million plus for him and he's yours. And I don't think we're even being a hard sell there. I think that's how much any other club would ask for EASILY. If we don't get that much, keep him and use him. He isn't all that bad.

H

Haruko The Goon

lol "I'll gladly offload Cesc"

You guys do realise amount of big teams nowadays is bigger than ever. which means they'll eat up the chance to sign top quality players to make their squad nice and plump.

I remember couple years ago when you were in a strong position, you had the luxury of selling yaya f'ing Toure!!! nowadays I bet you wish you had him!

You need Cesc, Cesc needs you.

What you need to do is find a replacement for Xavi, and get a better defence if you want to get back to the top again.

You can't replace a Xavi, you just have to do things in a slightly different way and accept it.

that's my main complaint too
people really think you van take the barca tactic 08-11 and expect that new players can play that way without hesitation.
the tactic 08-11 was made for the players at that time. if you change one or 2 players the whole dynamic changes.

It doesn't matter who plays or who you buy coz Vidal, Kroos, Cesc,... aren't Xavi 2.0 and if you let them play as Xavi it will NEVER work. With the new guys Busi and iniesta too will have to change their playing style a bit to be a successful midfield again.

Cesc isn't a false 9 and at Arsenal he played much deeper, so let him play there. Eg double pivot with busi and Iniesta as an AM.
Neymar R, Messi L and Alexis as forward, with Chili he is a beast as CF.
This is only one possibility off course

abual3bed1

The only reason I'd ever offload Cesc for is that he has to play even when his form is below shite. And I don't think that this is his fault. He's been having this roller-coaster type of season since he arrived (maybe with Arsenal too, but back then he was too injury prone) and that's what annoys me the most about Fabregas.

Empty

lol "I'll gladly offload Cesc"

You guys do realise amount of big teams nowadays is bigger than ever. which means they'll eat up the chance to sign top quality players to make their squad nice and plump.

I remember couple years ago when you were in a strong position, you had the luxury of selling yaya f'ing Toure!!! nowadays I bet you wish you had him!

You need Cesc, Cesc needs you.

What you need to do is find a replacement for Xavi, and get a better defence if you want to get back to the top again.

Busquets is better than Yaya for purely a CDM that recycles possession like above poster said, but Yaya offers much more versatility and unpredictability factor. I was upset when we sold Yaya and I am still not happy about it.

Fabregas, IMO, has been played in incorrect positions and tactics for a long time. He obviously has the technical abilities and such. We should seek to innovate tactics to include Fabregas in ideally his strongest position, rather than just sell him. You cannot just buy Kroos, Vidal, Pogba or whatever and suddenly expect miracles. That is an absurd/delusional state of mind.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Busquets is better than Yaya for purely a CDM that recycles possession like above poster said, but Yaya offers much more versatility and unpredictability factor. I was upset when we sold Yaya and I am still not happy about it.

Fabregas, IMO, has been played in incorrect positions and tactics for a long time. He obviously has the technical abilities and such. We should seek to innovate tactics to include Fabregas in ideally his strongest position, rather than just sell him. You cannot just buy Kroos, Vidal, Pogba or whatever and suddenly expect miracles. That is an absurd/delusional state of mind.

Yaya requires a double pivot to perform and we weren't going to bench prime Xavi and Iniesta for him so he was sold

H

Haruko The Goon

You can't replace a Xavi, you just have to do things in a slightly different way and accept it.

Iniesta to play centrally? Verratti? I'm sure Barca have some youth players that have Tika-Taka instilled withim them from the moments they arrived at Barca?

Even if you can't replace him per say, just find a long term CM solution. Kroos even.

H

Haruko The Goon

the tactic 08-11 was made for the players at that time. if you change one or 2 players the whole dynamic changes.

The Barca boys would play for Spain and it would work quite well?

Pepe Silvia

Why so many people are fixated on 'replacing' Xavi is beyond me. Cesc does what Xavi cannot do, and vice a versa. Cesc's through balls and attacking prowess are miles ahead of Xavi. Xavi sucks at basically everything accept moving sideways or backwards passes and controlling tempo on bigger games when we need him. We've got to have the balls to phase him out, because right now he is a liability that many people are turning a blind eye to. We need to move on from the old tiki taka and revamp it. The idea of wanting to BUY another midfielder at this point is absurd and wasteful in the same vein as buying high and selling low trend. We need to wise up and make smart choices, like playing Cesc deeper and configuring this team for success.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know Xavi isn't effective as before and doesn't take risks but our team would suffer in a big game without him on the pitch. You need a guy that can control the tempo. Doesn't have to be Xavi but you need that type of player.

Pepe Silvia

Lately we suffer with Xavi ON the pitch too. No forward efficiency at all. We move laterally and pass the ball no where (I'm sure Cruyff roles his eyes when he sees current squad). If anything I'd like to tailor the midfield to Cesc's strengths with greater final third effectiveness, through balls, and versatility at the expense of slowing down the midfield a bit that is fine. We are not a counter attacking team anyway, so it will not be crippling like some say. Transition play slows down yet final third play picks up in efficiency, I'll take that!

This is not a Xavi bashing post, this is a reality let's wake up from this dream we've been living in and use our players according to their strengths. Xavi should no longer be playing 30 La Liga games, he should be playing 18-20 in a supportive role. Cesc should be given the reigns of midfield, after all that is why he was brought in, so let's give it a shot. Up until this point, it's always been tentative, we need to make it a point that the midfield now belongs to Cesc. I believe this will dramatically change how Cesc approaches games and he will feel a defined role versus teetering in and out of the game.

CatalinR10

English club Man United are considering to try again to sign Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas (26) this summer. [guardian]

Home of Barca Fans