Cesc Fàbregas

B

beautifulgame

The guy can't hold on to the ball well enough to play in cm. There is a reason no coach has preferred him there at barca

Stric

The guy can't hold on to the ball well enough to play in cm. There is a reason no coach has preferred him there at barca

Would you prefer a 36-year-old play-it-safe possession-above-all Xavi?

Fact is, Cesc excels and is at his best when the team is given freedom to play like they played in the first part of the season. And it's not as if we're sacrificing our game to accommodate him, those were our best performances.

Cesc may not fit the style this team is known for, but the truth is, the style no longer fits the team, either, and it's outdated.

We have incredible players and we force them to play a style which many of them are uncomfortable with and which stopped bringing good results long ago.

Armando929

If we change up our system a bit, and keep Cesc in an actual attacking mid position, we can get the best out of him. Overcrowding the midfield makes his game suffer.

Armando929

Yeah playing all 3 of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc is overkill and just crowds the midfield, leaving the attackers isolated.

A midfield of Iniesta and Cesc would work great next season.

SeloBarca

No it wouldnt, it havent worked before and it wont work now.

Cesc doesnt have the head of Xavi and his quick thinking. Hes not as skilled as a playmaker, infact even Iniesta is better (stats means nothing)
Cesc is just a poor version of Iniesta with a hint of Xavi.
Hes slower then both of them, he has worse ballcontroll, hes easy to take the ball from whereas Xavi in Iniesa is almost impossble.
And his passes are also worse, not even close to Xavi at same age.

His slow pace makes him dissapear in faster games against teams that press alot. Only teams he does well against are lower ranked teams.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Cesc doesnt have the head of Xavi and his quick thinking. Hes not as skilled as a playmaker, infact even Iniesta is better (stats means nothing)
Hes slower then both of them, he has worse ballcontroll, hes easy to take the ball from whereas Xavi in Iniesa is almost impossble.

His slow pace makes him dissapear in faster games against teams that press alot. Only teams he does well against are lower ranked teams.

+ infinity

Armando929

I would argue that Xavi loses the ball just as much if not more than Cesc right now. This season its been rather easy to bully Xavi off the ball and not only have we seen at CL level, but even in the first half of the season when he was all but invisible.

He's also clearly not as quick minded as he once was. This has been evident since 2011. Constantly unable to pull the trigger when a good run is made into space by our forwards and instead endlessly passing sideways and backwards. He's like an old tired fighter who can't throw the big punches anymore, and instead relies on little flurries to try to win rounds.

He's still useful, but he's not what we need when we want to actually CREATE chances. I would rather create 10 chances in a match and sacrifice 10% of possession as opposed to having 75% possession but only creating 5 chances on goal.

I know its not the football that won us all those titles but unfortunately that team is gone and its not gonna come back. We can still play possession football while being a little more direct and offensive. Its just that Xavi TODAY is not the player for that.

Paganinisrvnge

I would argue that Xavi loses the ball just as much if not more than Cesc right now. This season its been rather easy to bully Xavi off the ball and not only have we seen at CL level, but even in the first half of the season when he was all but invisible.

He's also clearly not as quick minded as he once was. This has been evident since 2011. Constantly unable to pull the trigger when a good run is made into space by our forwards and instead endlessly passing sideways and backwards. He's like an old tired fighter who can't throw the big punches anymore, and instead relies on little flurries to try to win rounds.

He's still useful, but he's not what we need when we want to actually CREATE chances. I would rather create 10 chances in a match and sacrifice 10% of possession as opposed to having 75% possession but only creating 5 chances on goal.

I know its not the football that won us all those titles but unfortunately that team is gone and its not gonna come back. We can still play possession football while being a little more direct and offensive. Its just that Xavi TODAY is not the player for that.
Perfectly said

i_bleed_blaugrana

:lol:

Cesc haters dez dayz...:neymar:

Some of my personal favs:

Only teams he does well against are lower ranked teams.

The same Xavi who was behind Deco, Van Bommel/Thiago Motta and Edmilson. Like come on.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Pep started this whole terrible precedent of playing Cesc as a forward that has continued to rear its ugly head for three seasons now. If I had been Pep in that situation, I actually would have experimented more with playing him as DM to try to develop his defensive game a bit.

But to suggest that just because coaches have been trying to find a way to squeeze him and Xavi on to the same formation, he can't hold on to the ball well enough to play CM is laughable.

Its clear as day only just a handful of people on here watched him (of football for that matter) before he actually came to Barca.

At 5:14, "Cesc can't control the ball..."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesc is calm after being whistled by fans on Sunday. Despite rumours, neither he nor Barcelona want a transfer at this moment. [md]

Home of Barca Fans