Cesc Fàbregas

serghei

Yeah playing all 3 of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc is overkill and just crowds the midfield, leaving the attackers isolated.

A midfield of Iniesta and Cesc would work great next season.

This idea and the fact that he kept going with it even if it didn't work is the main tactical failure of Tata Martino this season. And it cost us big time. Things could have been different with Pedro or Alexis.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This idea and the fact that he kept going with it even if it didn't work is the main tactical failure of Tata Martino this season. And it cost us big time. Things could have been different with Pedro or Alexis.
Yup 55% possession but rather lose than Xavi outburst

CatalinR10

Its clear as day only just a handful of people on here watched him (of football for that matter) before he actually came to Barca.

At 5:14, "Cesc can't control the ball..."

And the point of the video is ?

I prefer watching all the games of a player in order to judge him. Everyone is world class on youtube videos. I could make a video so that Alexis would seem a world class finisher , top 3 in the world , but we all know he's not.

Sure , before he came to Barca he deserved , based on his performances , to be here. But after 3 years , I think I will begin to hate him if he starts in big games in front of players who deserve that more than him.

To me , it's clear as daylight that he doesn't have the class to succed at this club. But yeah , let's keep him more years and move players on different positions so that he could have a place in the team. It's not like we play better without him, not at all.

icemanbrfc

Cesc is okay, but at the expense of Pedro and Alexis? In fact, its a pity we didnt give Thiago more of a chance, but anyway, these things happen

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Ursegor

World Champion

I prefer watching all the games of a player in order to judge him. Everyone is world class on youtube videos. I could make a video so that Alexis would seem a world class finisher , top 3 in the world , but we all know he's not.

Video isn't even impressive. "Pass master". :lol: Lots of long- and hoofballs. What's "pass master" about 2:03 for example? Walcott literally has to make a 30 yard sprint and overtake the defender to chase the ball. Completely irrelevant for Barca football and a typical casual Youtube video.

3 years. He still doesn't fit. Even the locals boo him. Barcaforum: "But but but ... he is so direct. Assist numbers. False 9. Xavi is hindering him. Pep should have played him DM :)lol:) to develop him. Herp da derp."

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Video isn't even impressive. "Pass master". :lol: Lots of long- and hoofballs. What's "pass master" about 2:03 for example? Walcott literally has to make a 30 yard sprint and overtake the defender to chase the ball. Completely irrelevant for Barca football and a typical casual Youtube video.

3 years. He still doesn't fit. Even the locals boo him. Barcaforum: "But but but ... he is so direct. Assist numbers. False 9. Xavi is hindering him. Pep should have played him DM :)lol:) to develop him. Herp da derp."
Didn't like him when we bought him don't like him now don't see myself liking him in the near future

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
"Pass master". Lots of long- and hoofballs.

Because you can only be good at passes if they're on the ground? What? It's not like he's just whacking the ball upfield and hoping someone gets on the end of it, those were all deliberate passes where he looked up, saw the run, and dinked it over the defenders. Most of the balls were perfectly waited, something very few players in the world can do, just because the pass covers more than 20 yards in the air doesn't mean it's hoofball.

SeloBarca

I would argue that Xavi loses the ball just as much if not more than Cesc right now. This season its been rather easy to bully Xavi off the ball and not only have we seen at CL level, but even in the first half of the season when he was all but invisible.

He's also clearly not as quick minded as he once was. This has been evident since 2011. Constantly unable to pull the trigger when a good run is made into space by our forwards and instead endlessly passing sideways and backwards. He's like an old tired fighter who can't throw the big punches anymore, and instead relies on little flurries to try to win rounds.

He's still useful, but he's not what we need when we want to actually CREATE chances. I would rather create 10 chances in a match and sacrifice 10% of possession as opposed to having 75% possession but only creating 5 chances on goal.

I know its not the football that won us all those titles but unfortunately that team is gone and its not gonna come back. We can still play possession football while being a little more direct and offensive. Its just that Xavi TODAY is not the player for that.

Xavi right now isnt good enough and we should find a replacement.
But we dont need someone that is just a tad better in some parts then Xavi (Xavi still has better ballcontroll and are better at passing)
We need a real midfield engine in the mold of Xavi, Pirlo etc.

The same Xavi who was behind Deco, Van Bommel/Thiago Motta and Edmilson. Like come on.

And? so your saying he was crap becouse he wasent a starter? Skills were there before that. They didnt just appear when he got a starter position.

Ursegor

World Champion
And? so your saying he was crap becouse he wasent a starter?

Not even sure what he's talking about. Apart from an ACL injury in 2006 that prevented him from playing the CL final, which makes all the guys who started following Barca around 2014 (98 % of the forum) believe he only started existing from 2008 onwards, Xavi was a starter for Barca since he was about 20. With 34 he's the second most capped player in Champions League history, only 4 behind Giggs who will be 41 this year, easily surpassing other durable legends like Maldini, Raul, Scholes, Seedorf etc.

Edmilson and van Bommel. :lol:

Alarcón

We never have a lot of space against great teams, no matter how we play. Great players leave little space and Cesc only excels with a lot of space. Hence Cesc suffers against bigger teams. Nothing to do with how we played in the first part of the season.

SeloBarca

Not even sure what he's talking about. Apart from an ACL injury in 2006 that prevented him from playing the CL final, which makes all the guys who started following Barca around 2014 (98 % of the forum) believe he only started existing from 2008 onwards, Xavi was a starter for Barca since he was about 20. With 34 he's the second most capped player in Champions League history, only 4 behind Giggs who will be 41 this year, easily surpassing other durable legends like Maldini, Raul, Scholes, Seedorf etc.

Edmilson and van Bommel. :lol:

Exactly

Jaykob

Sure , before he came to Barca he deserved , based on his performances , to be here. But after 3 years , I think I will begin to hate him if he starts in big games in front of players who deserve that more than him.

To me , it's clear as daylight that he doesn't have the class to succed at this club. But yeah , let's keep him more years and move players on different positions so that he could have a place in the team. It's not like we play better without him, not at all.

Totally agree, it's especially bitter if you consider the loss of Thiago is directly related to Fabregas being here.

Thiago would have been infinitely more suited to Barcelona than Cesc ever will

Lomar1o

Totally agree, it's especially bitter if you consider the loss of Thiago is directly related to Fabregas being here.

Thiago would have been infinitely more suited to Barcelona than Cesc ever will

we just have to hope that rafinha will not suffer the same fate because of cesc/xavi

Superstar85

The problem with many Barca fans is that they're finding it very difficult to accept that a change in system of play is necessary (and that has nothing to do with Cesc or any other player), they feel that by finding similar players to replace the aging ones, all will be well but it's deeper than that imo.

Home of Barca Fans