Cesc Fàbregas

ebieymjunior

We would have Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, and Rafinha as our centre midfielders, no need to sell anyone. Rafinha can also play as a CM, CAM, CF, RW and LW.

Wouldn't be bad, then they'd have to loan out Sergi Roberto.
I'm just afraid neither would get enough time in CM and when Xavi leaves there wouldn't be a first choice with enough minutes under his belt at CM.

Stric

The amount of hate is really made clear when people automatically choose a player who has done absolutely nothing and has barely played a game for the first team over another. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Rafinha, in fact, I'm looking forward to seeing him play for Barcelona, but some of the statements here are just cringe worthy.

Maybe we should seriously consider making a swap for Ozil in exchange for Fabregas + 5-10 mil. The problem with Fabregas is that as he explained it himself he thrives in an anarchic system which Barca doesn't follow. While I don't think it's gonna happen, bringing Ozil into the fold would offer us most if not all the positive attributes of Fabregas, while his superior technique and control would make him a better fit for Barca.

ebieymjunior

Just to be clear, I don't hate Cesc. As a matter of fact, I think he's a very solid alternative to the possession game, but I just prefer Barca play possession WITH pressure.

Superstar85

Just to be clear, I don't hate Cesc. As a matter of fact, I think he's a very solid alternative to the possession game, but I just prefer Barca play possession WITH pressure.

And they're still "trying" to play only that way for most part (which is a mistake imo), just with much less pressure. But what does that have to do with Cesc though?

Home of Barca Fans