Cesc Fàbregas

ceefoo

How can ANY culé seriously want us to exchange a Catalan for a Madrid reject. :fool:

5y4wna.gif

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Why would we want Ozil here? If we have to endure Cesc poor second half of the seson, imagine what it would be like to endure Ozil's massive choking acrobatics...

barcanuck

I'm kind of torn who is better Cesc or Ozil. Both offer similar play making for sure very tough to say I'm taking Ozil due to his speed being better ;)

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm kind of torn who is better Cesc or Ozil. Both offer similar play making for sure very tough to say I'm taking Ozil due to his speed being better ;)
Ozil was the best in assist stats and a feeder for Penaldo at Madrid. He even makes Giroud score goals so I'd say he is better than Cesc

It's not a question of who is better Ozil or Fab, but who is a better fit for Barca.

Most of Ozil's positive attributes are already subsumed by Fab, so there's no point to even consider him as a transfer target if that was the only thing under consideration. What makes Ozil a better fit for tiki taka lies in his superior technique and ball control, and that's what makes him a better fit for us.

DinhoR10

It's not a question of who is better Ozil or Fab, but who is a better fit for Barca.

Most of Ozil's positive attributes are already subsumed by Fab, so there's no point to even consider him as a transfer target if that was the only thing under consideration. What makes Ozil a better fit for tiki taka lies in his superior technique and ball control, and that's what makes him a better fit for us.

Speed too.

Speed too.
+1.

Also the fact that Fab's most distinguishing attribute relative to Ozil (i.e. his vertical runs) is nullified to a great extent against parked buses, whereas Ozil's off the ball movement and ability to play the wings would allow us to create more space, and hence be more effective against parked buses.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ozil will be an unnecessary and frivolous purchase as long as Messi is there, and I say this as a great admirer of his game.

Kohe321

Am I the only one here that like Cesc and value what he gives to the team? When he is being played in the position he's best in, he can give some great performances and assists.

His slowness and lack of focus can sometimes be enraging, but I think he has enough good stuff as well to keep playing for Barca. Plus, his friendship with Messi seems pretty deep and seems to be important for the teams chemistry.

Armando929

Am I the only one here that like Cesc and value what he gives to the team? When he is being played in the position he's best in, he can give some great performances and assists.

His slowness and lack of focus can sometimes be enraging, but I think he has enough good stuff as well to keep playing for Barca. Plus, his friendship with Messi seems pretty deep and seems to be important for the teams chemistry.

No. I like Cesc too and want him here.

He's had some bad performances yes but they often come when played out of position in an overcrowded midfield.

There's no "cantera hype." Simply put, we don't need to go on a crazy shopping spree. We have to rebuild yes, but we can do it ourselves if we get a manager with character who will kick some assess in place, including if it means Messi.

We don't need more midfielders. We need a defender, goalkeeper, and a striker. And we may not get the striker for next season. We may have to wait for that but we gotta start somewhere.

L

linetty

Most assists in the Liga this season: Cesc 13 - Di Maria 12 - Koke 12 - Bale 11 - Messi 11 - Rakitic 11

Home of Barca Fans