Cesc Fàbregas

Kerrybai

I hate this.

I say my opinion, and people take it as a wind up. How other can I word it so you don't take offence FFS?

I apologise if you were not attempting to wind people up but your comment doesn't really make sense. We all know he will be wonderful in the EPL, in fact he could be player of the year at Chelsea. Just because he kills at playing with Oscar and Hazard has no relevance to our love/hate for Cesc, and it has 0 effect our whether or not we will regret letting him go.The fact is he's been here for 3 season and it just hasn't worked out. He's had some good moments and put up some good stats but unfortunately when it's come down to the stubborn buses or tactically difficult games Cesc has not been able to make the difference. After 3 season's he has not pushed Iniesta or a 34 year old Xavi out of the team so ultimately he has not lived up to the expectations. Cesc is a square peg in a round hole.
Wow, Kerry, that is really subjective.

So who is replacing him? Rakitic is not a done deal. Rafinha?

I hope you, Flavia and those who want him out so badly are right in the end. At this point, no one knows.
I take back what I said because we are not actually replacing Cesc... tell me who did Cesc replace? He never replaced anyone did he? He was still always second to Iniesta and Xavi, and the times he did start we still played Iniesta out on the wing. We were trying to find alternatives for Iniesta and more importantly Xavi and in the end Cesc wasn't that replacement. Now we count on Rakitic and Rafinha, 2 players who may not be up to the task but I find it hard to believe they could fit more awkwardly in Barca than Cesc has.

F

Flavia

Does anyone here think that Fàbregas could stay at Barça in the end?
Nope. This ending, with Cesc moving to mou's chelsea(of all teams and all coaches) makes his saga the worst ever to me.
No other comes close.

khorne

I wouldn't mind if he stays, granted that he would accept his role as super sub (which in all fairness is a lot to ask), but i will say this: my first thought when we bought cesc was "okay, so...why?" but i had complete faith that pep or whoever was pushing for his signing knew their stuff and had a plan for cesc that was beyond a regular joe like me. However, after these three years i think it's fair to say that it just doesn't work out. just my subjective impression, but even when he played well, he always felt like a foreign body in the machine. So it's a good thing that he leaves, mostly for himself. a great footballer and a nice chap to boot, i wish him only the best in his career.

Home of Barca Fans