Cesc Fàbregas

Beast

The Observer
Why would they increase the offer when they are pretty much the only Club to buy him considerind he wanted to go too London?

Not my war but are you actually asking that question ?
the same way we do & you should be doing... press leaking imaginary offers from other clubs interested Sport & MD are used to this shit during elections & each summer ...
I mean unless Cesc sold you out to Chelsea you could have milked Jose with an incredible offer coming your way from United who are rumored to have a war chest for the summer... easy peasy
we did with with both Napoli & Arsenal and made Napoli pay money Laurenties is still having sleepless night over it , same United & Arsenal for Ozil... not a rocket science .. Spanish press love to help their clubs

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
And risk chelsea saying "no soup for you, next"?
Their first offer might have been 20m, for all we know. Barça might have wanted more, but in the end they settled for 33+3m.

It is a long time until the transfer window closes. You have enough time to agree on a sum.
It is not like Chelsea asks if 30 is okay. We say 50 and they tell us to fuck off.

Everything happened too fast. As I said, I think we should and could have gotten more.

Ursegor

World Champion
Funny how that only ever applies to Barca.

Because Barca usually don't sell their elite players so we don't fetch big money for transfers. Unlike Real Madrid who trade their big names in their prime years for new toys quite regularly. You picked Robinho, Higuain and Özil but left out Robben, Sneijder, Eto'o, Kaka and Co. Even Illaramendi cost them close to € 40M and he looks like a glorified Scott Parker out there. But yeah, Madrid are business masters.

What people here don't understand is that Cesc won't go to France in his prime years, no one in Italy can afford him, no one in Bundesliga can afford him except Bayern but Pep doesn't want him, Arsenal didn't want him back and the desperate Moyes has been sacked. Not a single Manchester United rumour since LvG got appointed except for the rumours that LvG doesn't want Cesc. So realistically he could have gone to City or Chelsea but City are after a defender and can't exactly splash whatever they want due to FFP. They are already under punishment. If they could, Benatia would be a City player already. So Chelsea was literally his only option and they weren't exactly desperate to sign Cesc. By all accounts it was rather a "if he's available and not overly expensive we take him, if not then not." I have never seen Chelsea linked with Fabregas before to suggest they wanted him badly. I'm sure the Barcaforum senior business consultants would have done better though.

It's simply not compareable to Arsenal splashing big money on their first marquee signing since like forever which they had to do or Napoli reinvesting the Cavani money which they had to do or PSG doing some shady deals with Roman which is most likely a FFP exploit. Very different circumstances.

Blame the United board for sacking Moyes. We might have milked them then.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

How is it the same?

Him going back to the place where he started his football, the club he supported, his boyhood club. Wenger understood that, so he had no choice once Cesc asked him.

Or he chose to go to Arsenal's biggest rivals, under a manager he probably doesn't like. It's not like Cesc can go to the board and ask can he go to his "boyhood" club like Chelsea, and making the board understand his reasons.

With this transfer, we should be in full control of it. We should be asking for a top price, especially in an inflated market. You can't justify the idiotic decisions from our board.

I can, because the decision is not idiotic. Cesc had a contract with Barça. And for that, he could refuse to be sold, as JDS has been doing it for 2 years.When Cesc states he would only go to london, that dimishes his price. It's not rocket science. Barça couldn't force him to go to a team he didn't want to go to, even if the bid was 100m.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
When did he state that? We could have told Cesc "you can leave but wait until after the World Cup while we spread bullshit about other bids to get a better price for you."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Exactly. Ozil was forced out and only arsenal came for him, they got 40 million.

Because Real Madrid didn't need to sell. They could have easily kept him and even benched him if necessary. We WANTED to sell and then Cesc AGREED to leave. A completely different situation. We won't keep Cesc confined to the bench and keep him just because we dont get enough money for him, Real Madrid and Florentino don't give a crap about that and would have easily done that if Arsenal had not come in with 40m pretty pounds.

F

Flavia

Because Barca usually don't sell their elite players so we don't fetch big money for transfers. Unlike Real Madrid who trade their big names in their prime years for new toys quite regularly. You picked Robinho, Higuain and Özil but left out Robben, Sneijder, Eto'o, Kaka and Co. Even Illaramendi cost them close to € 40M and he looks like a glorified Scott Parker out there. But yeah, Madrid are business masters.

What people here don't understand is that Cesc won't go to France in his prime years, no one in Italy can afford him, no one in Bundesliga can afford him except Bayern but Pep doesn't want him, Arsenal didn't want him back and the desperate Moyes has been sacked. Not a single Manchester United rumour since LvG got appointed except for the rumours that LvG doesn't want Cesc. So realistically he could have gone to City or Chelsea but City are after a defender and can't exactly splash whatever they want due to FFP. They are already under punishment. If they could, Benatia would be a City player already. So Chelsea was literally his only option and they weren't exactly desperate to sign Cesc. By all accounts it was rather a "if he's available and not overly expensive we take him, if not then not." I have never seen Chelsea linked with Fabregas before to suggest they wanted him badly. I'm sure the Barcaforum senior business consultants would have done better though.

It's also not compareable to Arsenal splashing big on their first marquee signing since like forever or Napoli reinvesting the Cavani money or PSG doing some shady deals with Roman which is most likely a FFP exploit. Very different circumstances.

Blame the United board for sacking Moyes. We might have milked them then.

Yeah, I blame moyes too. Bad moyes.

When did he state that? We could have told Cesc "you can leave but wait until after the World Cup while we spread bullshit about other bids to get a better price for you."

He said he wanted this deal closed asap, so he could focus in the wc. It's in his text about the transfer. There's your reason for the deal being so fast.

Tomchin

Wow...kinda shitty by the club.....

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

"There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club"

"But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first."

It is kinda funny...and true. :lol: Still shitty though.
Haha wow, so pathetic by the club. Doing anything to gain some popularity it seems.

It's 100% true of course, but to write like that about a player who just left you?

F

Flavia

Wow...kinda shitty by the club.....

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

"There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club"

"But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first."

It is kinda funny...and true. :lol: Still shitty though.

It shows his bad 2nd halves of seasons were noticed by the club too.

Alarcón

Pathetic. Really, really pathetic. The person responsible for this article should be sacked with immediate effect.

Has nothing to do with whether what was written is actually true, it just shows a lack of respect towards the player and a weird compulsion to show the club in a better light. I remember something similar when they wrote about Sergi Roberto the patient midfielder but this is a new low.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Low blow. Ouch. Not very professional though I must say. Should have avoided that. Looks bad on the club.

Home of Barca Fans