Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

We have enough money even if he isn't sold. I've already given examples of Ozil and Luiz who went for good prices even though only one club was in for them.

Yeah, you're just forgeting Barça's history with transfers, and the most important part, none of rm or chelsea had a transfer ban to worry about, or needed money. You think 70-80m is enough to buy players? All clubs will ask for a lot more money than what their players are worth, thanks to the ban. So selling cesc for the same price he was bought was a good deal.

F

Flavia

Yet again, he told Wenger he wanted to go back to boyhood club, so they had no choice to accept that offer. He has no ties with Chelsea.... if anything, he's a big traitor for doing it. So as you can see, it isn't the same thing for when we bought him.

It's actually the same. Just that he wanted out of arsenal, and barça wanted him out. But in the end, both clubs sold for an inferior price because he limited his destination to barcelona/a london club.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We have 120 million before player sales. If we had a clue we would wait until they give us more money. I guarantee they would have increased their offer.

F

Flavia

Show that you want to negotiate but do not accept the first offer.
Why not milk the cow as much as possible?

I know Cesc only wanted to go to London but if Chelsea really want him they would pay a bit more I think.

And risk chelsea saying "no soup for you, next"?
Their first offer might have been 20m, for all we know. Barça might have wanted more, but in the end they settled for 33+3m.

xavi_the_Boss

We have 120 million before player sales. If we had a clue we would wait until they give us more money. I guarantee they would have increased their offer.

Why would they increase the offer when they are pretty much the only Club to buy him considerind he wanted to go too London?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
And risk chelsea saying "no soup for you, next"?
Their first offer might have been 20m, for all we know. Barça might have wanted more, but in the end they settled for 33+3m.

That's possible but you don't accept the first offer. If it's close to the end of the window and they only increased it once then dump him off obviously.

This was the first offer. If they made a lower bid before we'd know about it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Hamzah, with all due respect you don't know jack-shit to say something as ridiculous as "I guarantee they would have increased their offer"

Lets face it, the market for Cesc was not as hot as many of you seem to believe, and he further restricted that market by only being willing to go to a London club. Barca got their initial investment back, with a player 3 years older under such restricted circumstances. It was a good deal.

xxxxxx

It's actually the same. Just that he wanted out of arsenal, and barça wanted him out. But in the end, both clubs sold for an inferior price because he limited his destination to barcelona/a london club.

How is it the same?

Him going back to the place where he started his football, the club he supported, his boyhood club. Wenger understood that, so he had no choice once Cesc asked him.

Or he chose to go to Arsenal's biggest rivals, under a manager he probably doesn't like. It's not like Cesc can go to the board and ask can he go to his "boyhood" club like Chelsea, and making the board understand his reasons.

With this transfer, we should be in full control of it. We should be asking for a top price, especially in an inflated market. You can't justify the idiotic decisions from our board.

Wambo

OH GOD, FINALLY!

Fatkidturnssupersaiyan.gif

Irish_Cules

Wow...kinda shitty by the club.....

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

"There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club"

"But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first."

It is kinda funny...and true. :lol: Still shitty though.

Home of Barca Fans