Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

Come on Flavia, overracting? you are defending every bit of this Cesc deal, even when they did something this pathetic.

They did not just show the stats, they had qualitative and judgmental narratives such as *"the magic tended to fade later on in each season... For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first." which shouldn't be allowed to appear in the first place. I mean, who writes this sort of postmortem assessment like this on a player who has just been sold to another club? It looks like a desperate act of them trying to placate critics and fans who don't want him to be sold that "Oh, he has been terrible lately. You should be happy we got rid of him".

This is not classy and decent at all, regardless of whether they are telling the truth or not. You just don't do this.

No, I'm not defending every bit. It was tasteless and could've been avoided. But "human decency"? Come on now. Easy there. That's not a lie, is it? He is also not dead, "postmortem assessment"? You need to calm down.

Pepe Silvia

'While it could have been avoided' sounds like we are dealing with a 3rd division PR team. These types of mistakes shouldn't be made by a world leader in football like Barcelona in the first place.

It was blatant, classless and plain tacky. Then again it's no surprise that this board would sign off on something so crappy. It's Barto and co. after all :lol:

slvtn

Yeah well, at least he will laugh along with Mourinho about how dumb the board is. He surely will improve Chelsea. I'd really laugh if the most destructive team in Europe would send us home in the CL playoffs and Cesc scores. Would be so well deserved.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, I'm not defending every bit. It was tasteless and could've been avoided. But "human decency"? Come on now. Easy there. That's not a lie, is it? He is also not dead, "postmortem assessment"? You need to calm down.

That is figure of speech there. The point is you should publish a farewell letter and be thankful, not trying to ridicule someone who was just sold.

F

Flavia

'While it could have been avoided' sounds like we are dealing with a 3rd division PR team. These types of mistakes shouldn't be made by a world leader in football like Barcelona in the first place.

It was blatant, classless and plain tacky. Then again it's no surprise that this board would sign off on something so crappy. It's Barto and co. after all :lol:

Yep. But it was no mistake, it was intentional. Probably to state why he's being sold.
And I think it was Beast that posted Cesc might have sold us out to chelsea(saying there were no more clubs interested), so his move would be complete asap. I don't think the relationship with him ended in the best terms, for all that I've been reading.

mazp

Yeah well, at least he will laugh along with Mourinho about how dumb the board is. He surely will improve Chelsea. I'd really laugh if the most destructive team in Europe would send us home in the CL playoffs and Cesc scores. Would be so well deserved.

Nah, Mou will alienate half the squad, they'll turn on him like they did in Madrid. It's his M.O. But I have to admit that is a funny letter. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans