Cesc Fàbregas

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Uhm, what? How is Cesc's statement comparable to that of the club?

I thought Cesc's farewall-letter was perfect: explain to the Arsenal-fans that he wanted to join them, but that Arsenal didn't want him. How was that letter unrespectful to his previous employer (Barca)?

I never said it was disrespectful to Barca. The point was that Cesc could've been discreet about Arsenal refusing to use the first option, yet he wanted to reveal it to Arsenal fans so that they'd deflect their anger onto Wenger/Arsenal instead of branding him a traitor.

Similarly, the club could've just said 'thank you' and moved on but they wanted to justify selling their 'golden boy' that has caused so much drama over the years by publicly pointing out his drop in form. I do agree however that Barca's statement was a low blow while Cesc's was merely a smart manipulation.

Gilberto

Well I wish him all the worst now anyways.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. They actually waited for WC to start in order for this garbage of a transfer to fly under the radar.
Came in with such a pomp of prodigal son and now leaves through the back door.

Shame.

Stric

Frankly all of this makes me want to throw up. The transfer fee, his new club, his new manager, Barca's statement... this is just disgusting.

In today's market, Europe's top assister and EC and WC winner is easily worth over 50, if not over 60M.

FCB should just re-register as a garage sale / pawn shop because that seems to be what we're doing nowadays. Absolutely horrible business and actions by the club.

And all that shit about Chelsea not wanting to deal with Barca when the Luiz transfer was in question, they end up selling him to PSG, and we give them one of our best players for a ridiculous sum.

This club is run by complete idiots.

And the statement is just cringe worthy. What the actual f?! What a cowardly and pathetic move by the club.

Oh, and fuck Luis Enrique for letting this happen, too. I was excited about having him, but 2014/2015 is looking worse every day now.

Home of Barca Fans