Cesc Fàbregas

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's actually more defensive playing Matic-Ramires-Cesc than playing the way he started yesterday with Matic-Cesc-Oscar. It works better in both attack and defense, roles can be switched up, and the overall balance between those three is just better. As a 3 man midfield of Matic-Ramires-Cesc will work while Oscar, despite his work rate and willingness to defend, isn't as good as Ramires when playing further back. Plus even though he isn't a DM, Ramires can play as a one if tactics require it alongside Matic in a bigger game.

I'm expecting the same lineup against City that we had at Everton, with Cesc and Ramires less gung-ho unless on the counter, since it's at their ground. I'm looking forward to next week! :D

Irish_Cules

I think Mourinho is always going to put in Ramires in the big games just to provide some energy and mobility in midfield. Matic and Cesc compliment each other nicely but they aren't the most mobile. Matic-Ramires-Cesc is the provides pretty much everything Mourinho looks for in his midfields.

Vapor

So glad my boy Fabregas is shining once again. Always loved him as a player, showed a lot of brilliance with us in the time he was here, just too bad he could never make it fully work and solidify his place here. But the man can play some fucking football. That 2nd assist to Diego Costa was just smooth as butter... classic Fab. Love his attacking mindset.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
costafab1.jpg

:D

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Playing a two-man midfield seems suicidal anyway, and I don't see why Chelsea would, Cesc-Matic-Oscar/Ramires seems way too good not to go for it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I really do like Gary Neville as a pundit. Wanker as a United player but I can't really fault him these days.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Was dispossessed for the Schalke goal, other than that played well enough. Got his first goal, but really should have had 2.

Kerrybai

Flourishing in his natural position and in a team that suits him.

Fabregas is evidence to how complicated football really is.

Home of Barca Fans