Cesc Fàbregas

The only way this makes sense is if Manchester are using this as a smoke screen while they go for their actual targets. This way they can get their actual targets without other clubs catching on and interfering.

That can't be a smokescreen. One of our former players (Irwin) posted it in May that we will move heaven and earth to secure Fabregas and he said last year the same about RvP. I don't get our transfer policy at all. For years we only got wingers, strikers and CBs and no where the only good option in Thiago is gone from the market we try an impossible transfer. Even worse we let one of the biggest CM talents go in Pogba. You think your CB situation is bad? Atleast your still one of the best teams in the world. We rellied on brilliance from individuals but our football has been not pleasant to watch for a few years now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe it is genuine then. I think everyone agrees Moyes hasn't been very clever through all of this. If he was quick and decisive he could have bought Thiago before Bayern started interfering. He decided to hesitate and wanted a proven Premier League player but didn't think things through. There are so many things complicating this transfer that if happens I will be absolutely amazed.

Maybe it is genuine then. I think everyone agrees Moyes hasn't been very clever through all of this. If he was quick and decisive he could have bought Thiago before Bayern started interfering. He decided to hesitate and wanted a proven Premier League player but didn't think things through. There are so many things complicating this transfer that if happens I will be absolutely amazed.

We never had a chance for Thiago. I know someone who gets a bit information about Bayern Munich and he told me that Mazinho wanted him to join Manchester United for 2-3 years and then go back to Barcelona but Pep called Thiago before the Euro when the release clause was at 18m to tell him he needs to see if he can make room for him but that he wants him to join him there. We had an agreement for weeks but Thiago only would've joined us if Pep called him and said he doesn't have use for him. After training 1-2 weeks with the team he said to Bayern Munich he wants him and called Thiago that he wants him. That's when things went very quickly.

We tried our best but we never had a chance against Pep, I'd be more mad as Barcelona fan to see him leave because our manager wasn't smart enough to play him enough games. But after Thiago I don't know what they think trying even going for Fabregas. How are the chances that our next target is one of Song/Mascherano :lol:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think that the reason we were so lax with Thiago's situation (apart from having incompetent management) is that we knew that Cesc was here and for the long term, so our midfield was always sorted. He is happy here and wants to fulfil his dream, leaving for Manchester would mean he is a failure. We also don't want to sell him because we spent so long bringing him back here and he is a youth product, we also let go of Thiago just to ensure Cesc has a secure future here.

Then there's also the practical things like having three players for two spots and the fact Xavi needs more rest. It really is an impossible situation for you.

You could easily be going for the likes of Hamsik or Modric but you waste time on this. Moyes needs to get a grip.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Come on Moyes.... Give us De Gea and Kagawa and be done with it!!

Cesc probably would agree for a move too... I mean if nothing-but-a-kid called Thiago can't wait for opportunities it being a WC year, Cesc wouldn't too!!

Neymarrr

Put yourself in Cesc position. Moving to Man Utd, Would mean he’s the main Midfielder and probably best player with Van Persie, at Barcelona he is the 3rd / 4th best midfielder. He would be their star basically & he would get a 2x pay rise. Tempting for any player in his position to say the least.

He is thinking about moving. I even think he / his agents had something to do with the bids starting. Why would Moyes go public, it doesn’t make sense if the deal couldn’t happen / is not happening.

Again all speculation. He can end it at any given them. Yet he has not made a public statement denying any interest in the move, which if your really want to stay is the first thing you need to do when another elite club makes a bid. What is otherwise the point in letting this drag on? There are better player out there and Barca need to get a quality defender in before this deal happens, also a midfield replacement as prices will fluctuate after in any case.

Regardless it’s not the end of the world (it’s not like he has been sensational at Barcelona), as long as they sign a quality defender and midfield replacement(s).
This could also all be done, to get a better contract.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He has said that he wants to stay and triumph here. The board have said he's non transferable. If Manchester still make bids after that information then it's their problem for wasting time.

Lots of clubs make bids for players and they end up staying without releasing public statements. Why should they bother releasing anything? They know they want to stay.

Also while he would be thier main player and have a wage increase, it also means his time here is officially a failure, and there's no chance we'd ever take him back. After all the bullshit the player and board went through to get Cesc here, neither biard or player would give up so easily. He is here for the long term for this reason.

Last edited:

oggydude

Put yourself in Cesc position. Moving to Man Utd, Would mean he’s the main Midfielder and probably best player with Van Persie, at Barcelona he is the 3rd / 4th best midfielder. He would be their star basically & he would get a 2x pay rise. Tempting for any player in his position to say the least.

He is thinking about moving. I even think he / his agents had something to do with the bids starting. Why would Moyes go public, it doesn’t make sense if the deal couldn’t happen / is not happening.

Again all speculation. He can end it at any given them. Yet he has not made a public statement denying any interest in the move, which if your really want to stay is the first thing you need to do when another elite club makes a bid. What is otherwise the point in letting this drag on? There are better player out there and Barca need to get a quality defender in before this deal happens, also a midfield replacement as prices will fluctuate after in any case.

Regardless it’s not the end of the world (it’s not like he has been sensational at Barcelona), as long as they sign a quality defender and midfield replacement(s).
This could also all be done, to get a better contract.

Trust me dude their are not many players out there that can replace Cesc for you guys, players like Marchisio and Gundogan are not on the same technical level, but yes he is probably doing this to strengthen his position at Barca, if Thiago was still at Barca however I think he might've left.

Thiago Alcantara: "The truth is that in no moment did anyone from Manchester United speak to us. Bayern was always my first option."

This means that Irwin was right, Cesc was the only man we wanted from Barca.

Last edited:

jamrock

cesc isn't leaving, only reason anyone lives in manchester is for crazy money are because of SAF, moyes doesn't have that pulling power yet, he needs to go for 2nd tier players first, cabaye and the likes.

matth_22

matth_22
You don't deserve to change your name, so it'll take a bit :VdB: No, seriously, I remember a moderator said you changed your name once earlier. You can only change it once. Are you 12?

btw someone told you to change your avatar (because you don't deserve to have Xavi in it), and you did? :lol:

i'm 22, i've never changed my name on this forum.

poltergeist

It's either United are pissing in the wind or we are looking to sell. We aren't wasting our time bidding for Thiago Silva because we have been told unambigously to fuck off. We have not done same to United. They have made 3 bids because theybelieve they genuinely stand a chance of signing him.

poltergeist

Fabregas has scored 29 and created 32 in 96 appearances since joining Barca.
Like I always say, it's a myth that Cesc has flopped. Except of course, flop has a new meaning.

Home of Barca Fans