Cesc Fàbregas

Martindn

I don't think it's a special clarification conference. Just one that is scheduled anyway and he'll put all rumours to bed, even though player and club have said so already.

I think you lot have given up anyway.

I see, thought it was scheduled just for the rumours, that makes sense then. I wish we would give up, dont think we will until cesc's conference depending on what he says.

Hopefully Modric will be the next target, atleast someone creative if modric is a no go. Pretty much anyone but Fellaini and ill be happy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Modric is unrealistic too, to be honest. I think you could realistically go for Hamsik, Gundogan, Draxler, Eriksen etc. they are all great young talents and already would massively improve your midfield without even reaching their full potential yet.

I wonder if your management will think the same.

ebieymjunior

Modric is unrealistic too, to be honest. I think you could realistically go for Hamsik, Gundogan, Draxler, Eriksen etc. they are all great young talents and already would massively improve your midfield without even reaching their full potential yet.

Don't think Dortmund would sell.

Problem is there aren't any good options left on the CM market. Thiago was our best bet and Guardiola took it. Modric won't leave Real Madrid yet. We never had a chance for Fabregas. Paulinho would've been a great choice too... Still can't understand how Tottenham got him. Most you listed are more AMs and we tried to make an AM adapt to be a CM in Anderson and boy did it fail. From one of the most talented players in the world to a pie eating machine. It's the same problem your club is having with the CB situation.

We'll probably end up with Fellaini or McCarthy

How about Pjanic from Roma?

Another player who is more of a AM than a CM. There are so many talented AMs in the world right now but good CMs CBs are so hard to find. Marchisio could be a decent option, or our La Liga scouts do finally something right and get us Camacho or Kondogbia, but that won't happen. The lack of world class CMs in the EPL is also the reason we could get away with it for years, but got found out in the big games in Europe. Real Madrid tore us a new on in the Santiago Bernabeu because of that. I mean seriously the best 5 CMs in the EPL last season were: Carrick, Toure, Wilshere, Sandro and probably Dembele ffs. Cleverley, Barry, Ramsey just to name a few players that started many games for 3 of the top4 clubs last season :lol:

Martindn

Gundogan is an absolute dream, he would be beyond perfect and if i had the choice would choose him easily before cesc/thiago, would definitely be happy making him our record transfer. But then no chance Dortmund would sell their best (in my opinion) player. He has said in the past though it would be a dream to join us, but then im sure he would say the same about barca/madrid.

The problem is we have a foolish notion that our midfielders need premier league experience (moyes own words) it kind of limits our options.

barca1899

After Man Utd reports, Barcelona talked to Cesc and his agent. They repeated player wants to stay and denied contacts with other clubs. [md]

PaCmAn

Redcafe members not sunk in yet, they still think Cesc is Man U bound. Anyway is Cesc going to do a presser to tell Man U to go take a jump?

Home of Barca Fans