Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

noteiverse

First half RM - very good, second half RM - average
First half ManU - scared, second half ManU - smart

overall it's a very good result for ManU

And then they said Man U bribes refs... lol
Btw, those of you who want the EPL fanboys/the "La Liga sucks" crowd to shut up (I'm one of those people btw), don't worry, Malaga have a good chance of advancing. So that's 2 La Liga teams in the quarter finals vs 1 EPL team. I'd also like to shut the "La Liga sucks" crowd up, but not if it means Real going through.

Besides, the first placed EPL team beating the third placed La Liga team doesn't mean that much. If you really want to know the quality of both leagues, I'd say a game between Barca vs Man U (1st placed La Liga team vs 1st placed EPL team) would be a much better indicator.

I have respect for Man U though. We owned them in 2009 and 2011 but they took both losses really well (not sure about the fans, but Fergie and the players did). Unlike some people (*cough* *cough* Mourinho *cough* *cough*).

Anyways, good result for Man U. Especially considering that Vidic wasn't playing. Why wasn't he playing btw? I definitely think Man U are the favorites to go through, especially if Vidic will be back by then.

Last edited:
Aren't we interested in De Gea btw? He certainly made a great case today. Still think Ter Stegen or Courtois could be better, but De Gea would be a great option as well.

Btw, I wonder how many people still think that Man U and Barca bribe refs. Of course, Mourinho will probably find a way to blame the ref for this game.

shocking performance from united are they really the primer league leaders.

I'd say a tie at the Bernabeu is a great result.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Shakhtar and Dortmund drew 2-2 in Ukraine. Dortmund should be able to get through since they have 2 away goals and the home match still to be played in their fantastic stadium but who knows.

Unbiased United

Some people on here .... :facepalm1:

Good game tonight. Pretty much as expected Madrid were the better team overall, without being overly so (this was certainly no 2011 Barca vs United) Lots of shots from BOTH teams, and I'd be interested to see how many teams travel to the Bernabeu in the knockout stages of the CL and have eleven shots, and cope as well as United did.

Solid performance from United. We didn't have sustained amounts of possession (did anyone really think we would) but we looked dangerous throughout, and could just have easily won the match with some of the chances we had.

Very happy with that though, bring on Madrid back at Old Trafford. Before the game I was cautiously optimistic, now I'm just optimistic. We have a very good chance to progress now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans