Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenks

Nice odds but I don't think it matters much h/a. Emirates aren't exactly a hostile ground.

Arsenal do have a very solid home record in the knock-out stages of the Champions League though, especially when the home tie is first. Last 8 years, 1st legs in bold:

Arsenal 3-0 Milan
Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona
Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona

Arsenal 5-0 Porto
Arsenal 1-3 Man United
Arsenal 3-0 Villarreal
Arsenal 1-0 Roma
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 0-0 Milan

Arsenal 1-1 PSV
Arsenal 1-0 Villarreal
Arsenal 2-0 Juventus

Arsenal 0-0 Real Madrid
Arsenal 1-0 Bayern Munich

Banana-Rama

i'll be watching tonights game with interest, i haven't quite got the hype around bayern so far, mandzukic/gomez are not what you would call world class, dante-van buyten can be got at in defence, they are superb in midfield tho............

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Well Considering Mandzukic is the Bundesliga topscorer and Gomez was only outscored last season by Leo and CR...what would you call them =/?
Though they are definitely lacking a little in defense with Van Buyten there. I don't think it will be that bad though.

Kerrybai

Can that have something to do with the Bundesliga's quality though?

Quality? You mean compared to la liga/EPL? I wouldn't say there is a whole lot of difference. Of course that's just opinion and I've seen very little Bundesliga, but if bayern, Dortmund and the national team are anything to go by I would think its decent quality.

Banana-Rama

Well Considering Mandzukic is the Bundesliga topscorer and Gomez was only outscored last season by Leo and CR...what would you call them =/?
Though they are definitely lacking a little in defense with Van Buyten there. I don't think it will be that bad though.

im not a fan of gomez, he does well against the smaller teams but he's not a big game player, he was absolutely terrible in the CL Final last season and i have seen him play like that quite a few times, single handedly cost bayern the trophy, credit to mandzukic for scoring in bundesliga, but the standard of opposition is not very good in germany, he's playing in a team that is miles ahead of the rest of the league with the exception of dortmund, lets see how he does against better teams in the knockout stages.....

loozy

im not a fan of gomez, he does well against the smaller teams but he's not a big game player, he was absolutely terrible in the CL Final last season and i have seen him play like that quite a few times, single handedly cost bayern the trophy, credit to mandzukic for scoring in bundesliga, but the standard of opposition is not very good in germany, he's playing in a team that is miles ahead of the rest of the league with the exception of dortmund, lets see how he does against better teams in the knockout stages.....

Let's not forget Leverkusen who are one point behind Dortmund and are the only team aside from Bate to beat Bayern this season.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Mandzukic has the same number of goals as Kießling.
But righty-o :lol:. We shall see how he does against "better" teams.
Gomez has finishing that is no less than world class....its just the rest of his game needs work :D

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
My point is that he scores just as many goals as anyone else in his league. If a guy that equals the top amount of goals in his league isnt among top strikers then idk who is.

loozy

My point is that he scores just as many goals as anyone else in his league. If a guy that equals the top amount of goals in his league isnt among top strikers then idk who is.

I get your point :beer2: Was just pointing out that technically, Mandzukic is not even in the top 5 at the moment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans