Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
559946_10152700438600034_1484492194_n.jpg

The guy who tapped it in was offside as well :p
The linesmen didn't have the best day at work, it's safe to assume.

The refereeing in the CL this season has been appalling. It's never perfect, but this season it's really something else. Especially in the QFs. And the amount of help that RM have been getting from referees this time around is astonishing. It's been incredibly helpful, to say the least, if not even decisive. Many other teams haven't exactly been impressive (Barca included) overall, but most of them had occasions when they had to pull off their best performances (like Barca against Milan, 2nd leg) to advance, whereas I don't remember a single brilliant effort or game from RM so far. I do remember them sucking thoroughly and being blatantly helped by the refs to make it up.

Tbh, I don't think any team has been impressive throughout the whole competition. Most teams have had their great moments and their shitty moments (Milan 2-0 Barca vs. Barca 4-0 Milan, BATE 3-1 Bayern vs Bayern 2-0 Juventus, etc).

I haven't been overly impressed by any of RM's games so far though. They were getting owned by United before Nani got his red card. They were good against Gala in the 1st leg but the scoreline wouldn't have been as impressive without some luck with the refs. They did get past the group of death, but City were shit.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
Malaga played a great game although they let victory slip out of their hands in the last two minutes of the match. Being so close to victory and losing is one thing but losing because the ref was blind is a whole different feeling. They got robbed simple as that.

Malaga must feel robbed but wasnt their second goal offside also? The defenders for Malaga played their hearts out loved the deseprate lunges they were making for the last two goals same with their GK Willy who just would not let Goetze score

Barcilliant

The refereeing in the CL this season has been appalling. It's never perfect, but this season it's really something else. Especially in the QFs. And the amount of help that RM have been getting from referees this time around is astonishing. It's been incredibly helpful, to say the least, if not even decisive. Many other teams haven't exactly been impressive (Barca included) overall, but most of them had occasions when they had to pull off their best performances (like Barca against Milan, 2nd leg) to advance, whereas I don't remember a single brilliant effort or game from RM so far. I do remember them sucking thoroughly and being blatantly helped by the refs to make it up.

Refs AND linesmen have been fucking appalling. That 3rd goal against Malaga was blatent cheating by the linesmen. I call conspiracy here. UEFA wanted Malaga out so they wouldnt have to deal with any embarrassment in case Malaga won the CL. I saw it live and was wondering when the whistle would blow for offside. Despite having 4 players offside first and then another player offside when the goal was scored the ref and linesmen did nothing. What happened to the extra time? 2 goals in 4 mins and ref decides there was no need for further time.

The Malaga players should have gone mental. What can you do when the officials are either corrupt or incompetent??? This is the sort of crap UEFA should look at.

big_man

By the way, I don't think the Juve-Bayern game is a forgone conclusion. Those Italians have it in them to turn the tie over. Wouldn't be surprised one bit it it goes into extra time for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans