Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I don't think the Juve-Bayern game is a forgone conclusion. Those Italians have it in them to turn the tie over. Wouldn't be surprised one bit it it goes into extra time for example.

I don't see them scoring 3+ goals since their strikers aren't that great. IMO, it's over if Bayern score. Though I can see Juventus winning 2-0 and then taking it to penalties...

desoe

I fancy Malaga, but I'm happy Dortmund is going through.

Malaga would be trashed to pieces against every one of Barca (I hope we go through), Madrid or bayern. At least Dortmund would give Madrid some fight, if we get Bayern in the draw.

big_man

I don't see them scoring 3+ goals since their strikers aren't that great. IMO, it's over if Bayern score. Though I can see Juventus winning 2-0 and then taking it to penalties...

They are one of the highest scoring teams left in the competition. And they have played some decent teams along the way, Shaktar, Chelsea being prime examples. The thing is, I just wouldn't put it past them to completely shut any team out in Italy as they have the best defence in the competition IMO, and it isn't outlandish to see them getting two goals on the other side.

They obliterated Chelsea 3-0 in a must win game at home for example. Chelsea are no Bayern but they are quite good in their own right.
Obviously, Bayern are favorites, but there is a danger with winning the first leg of ties with a healthy gap because it can lead to complacency (see Madrid yesterday and Bayern against Arsenal). If the Bayern that played against Arsenal show up I can see Juve blowing them away.

big_man

I fancy Malaga, but I'm happy Dortmund is going through.

Malaga would be trashed to pieces against every one of Barca (I hope we go through), Madrid or bayern. At least Dortmund would give Madrid some fight, if we get Bayern in the draw.
Malaga and Dortmund played yesterday?

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Welcome to reality, I'll be your guide.

:lol:

if barca qualifies today, its going to be a helluva draw for semi finals regardless of who qualifies from bayern juve..
but it most likely to be a german-spanish affair.. i can see a potential clasico final on the cards.. platini has been wanting that a few years now.

big_man

Welcome to reality, I'll be your guide.
:lol: Just read it over again. For some reason I read his post as something completely different. It looked like he was speaking as though the game was tonight and he was hoping for a Malaga win(so I was reminding him the game was yesterday). I blame a lack of sleep!
As you were Desoe!

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Wow! And just like that, Malaga looks to be going to the semis.

Goodbye Dortmund it was nice knowing ya!

Similar to barca :lol:

MALAGA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Bye Bye Dortmund

Malaga deserves it, Dortmund played like a bunch of pu***s :lol:

Now come on Galatasaray!!!!!!!

After Dortmund make it 2:2...
Too late.
:lol: Superb reading for the morning after.

Really felt for Malaga when I saw the circumstances of the result and now after watching the highlights they were so unlucky. That last 3 minutes defined the overall tie, which is why Football is so brilliant. In this competition against one of the best teams in Europe you have to be perfect. Anything less is not good enough.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
:lol:

if barca qualifies today, its going to be a helluva draw for semi finals regardless of who qualifies from bayern juve..
but it most likely to be a german-spanish affair.. i can see a potential clasico final on the cards.. platini has been wanting that a few years now.

Catalan-Spanish-German affair.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They are one of the highest scoring teams left in the competition. And they have played some decent teams along the way, Shaktar, Chelsea being prime examples. The thing is, I just wouldn't put it past them to completely shut any team out in Italy as they have the best defence in the competition IMO, and it isn't outlandish to see them getting two goals on the other side.

They obliterated Chelsea 3-0 in a must win game at home for example. Chelsea are no Bayern but they are quite good in their own right.
Obviously, Bayern are favorites, but there is a danger with winning the first leg of ties with a healthy gap because it can lead to complacency (see Madrid yesterday and Bayern against Arsenal). If the Bayern that played against Arsenal show up I can see Juve blowing them away.

It will be a cracker, Conte will have them motivated, that's for sure. They know exactly what they have to do.

All it needs is an early goal, like Barcelona got. Then it's game on.

Malaga owner Al Thani claims "racism" is behind it all. UEFA would not want a club that was sanctioned by the UEFA to go through to the semi's.

That's actually two different reasons :p

Pellegrini must be so frustrated and sad :(

Last edited:

Kerrybai

BHb3sTLCIAAr7KI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans