Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alissa

^the majority decided, didn't have much of a choice really. :( Saw the last 5 minutes though, should have sticked with City-Bayern instead. *sigh*

DennyCrane

When was the last time Bayern beat Dortmund in Bundesliga? They drawed twice last season and Dortmund beat them in the seasons before that.

Of course they can beat them. Dortmund is stronger than last season too. Bayern has never been the problem for Dortmund; losing the leagie was mostly due to dropping points against smaller teams.

I don't get the Bayern hype anyway, or the City hype for that matter, as I didn't expect City to be a tough oponent for them at all. So I don't really see City as a 'big club'. As for Bayern, sure they are a great team and among the favourites win it once again. But they had a poor showing against Wolfsburg and a few other Bundesliga teams. Didn't look unbeatable there at all. And it was clear from the start Bayern would finish top of their group, so no surprise there.

This.

Bayern played really well yesterday, partially sublime. City on the other hand, all tactical ineptitude aside, came up with an attitude as if this were a glorified practice match. Bayern would have had more problems facing a 4th division side in the cup than with the City we saw yesterday.

Dortmund won't fuck around when they face Bayern in the league. Dortmunds' ultra fast counter play can tear Bayerns' high line to shreds.

Truthist

The problem for us would be if Ribery doesn't get you, Robben will.

We simply don't have the full backs or the defence to survive those 2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Guys, there's a reason I put "parking the bus" in quotes. No, they didn't park the bus, but they definitely played a more defensive style, with Bayern having Ribery and Robben drop as far the fullbacks quite a bit, and the two DMs both playing in front of the defense as opposed to having one be more attacking. Sure, it's a viable strategy, and it's perfectly fine, but without our best attacking player we didn't have too many chances of breaking it down. Now not only do we have attacking players in better form (and Messi hopefully fit), Bayern itself is unlikely to play a double pivot, most likely opting for a single DM and a roving midfielder in the form of Schweinsteiger.

P

PhilS

OK, so there is a clear favorite this year. Pep has not ruined this team, he is being smart enough to continue their main strengths. They do have too many players, maybe they will have dissension as the season progresses. But as of now, I see no way for any team to beat them. It's not like you can just add a player or two, or tweak your approach, those types of remedies will not rise to this challenge.

But things can change between now and next spring, and I think Barca is likely to continue to improve. But we have to be realistic, Bayern does need to get worse.

tello

I think if we come across Bayern, we'll beat them, but we are the only team who look like doing it. Maybe Atletico could scrap their way through, maybe Madrid, maybe Arsenal (that would be wonderful :wub:), but aside from that no one.

Are you serious ? Nor Madrid nor Arsenal could pose real threats to Bayern today, not even Barca imo.
Maybe Atletico or Dortmund or Chelski could hope for something but in a dobule knockout phase confrontation I see no one that could knock them out.

No team in England can touch Bayern or Dortmund

Chelski, they've almost got the Supercup and I think they can touch both pretty nasty theoretically.

OK, so there is a clear favorite this year. Pep has not ruined this team, he is being smart enough to continue their main strengths. They do have too many players, maybe they will have dissension as the season progresses. But as of now, I see no way for any team to beat them. It's not like you can just add a player or two, or tweak your approach, those types of remedies will not rise to this challenge.

But things can change between now and next spring, and I think Barca is likely to continue to improve. But we have to be realistic, Bayern does need to get worse.

Bayern is a monster of a club and of a squad right now and honestly we need to improve a lot to stand a chance against them at this moment or in the spring...

Die Bayern

I don't think things are ever that clearly cut out, Bayern is the top favorite but a few clubs can still beat them

Agreed. Dortmund are the team that scares me the most as their football is perfectly set to counter ours. Madrid can also be a huge problem with their attack. I also wouldn't discard you guys. If you play at your maximum there is no telling what could happen.

Truthist

I'd take Alves over Rafinha any day (Lahm's so far playing DM), and Alba is comparably to Alaba.

Alves hardly tracks back anymore whereas Rafinha busts his guts knowing full well he'll be out of the team if he doesn't perform. Alaba and Alba are comparable offensively but defensively its not even a contest.

The central defence comparisons are not even worthy of one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Working hard won't be nearly enough to help against Iniesta and Neymar and Alba on that flank, he'll get completely overwhelmed no matter how much he runs. I do admit Alaba is better defensively, but I think Alba compensates that with his stamina and workrate. And I would compare the CBs, Dante is currently better than our starters but Boateng slides in every time the ball comes near him and Neymar and Messi will be able to easily draw fouls from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans