Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

Also, Pirlo was pretty awful, I don't think it's a good idea to play a slower player such as him against Madrid at his age. In fact, except for a few genius moments he's been generally mediocre all season, it's been weird to watch.

Marchisio was invisible, Ogbonna looked terrified for most of the game, Tevez had no service, the only players who seemed to care about trying to get a positive result were Vidal, Caceres, Pogba, and maybe Giovinco after he came on. But somehow they still managed to more or less be the better team.

Alissa

That was a weird game, I thought Juve was the better team even when they were left with ten men, but they looked so tired in the end, they didn't have the energy to move. Madrid didn't make them run that much so I'm wondering why they looked half dead out there. A point would have been more than deserving, even a win maybe, but then Juve has only themselves to blame for this loss. *sigh*

And my God did RM look bad out there, not even one piece of play worth mentioning, they had absolutely no idea what to do when they had the ball, and even less when they didn't have it. Barca looks better at the moment and anything rather than a win on Saturday should be a huge disappointment for the players and the fans.

Oh and Ronaldo is such a disgrace, that was painful to watch. And that, amongst others, is the reason why Messi will always be at least a level above him.

Beast

The Observer
That was a weird game, I thought Juve was the better team even when they were left with ten men, but they looked so tired in the end, they didn't have the energy to move. Madrid didn't make them run that much so I'm wondering why they looked half dead out there. A point would have been more than deserving, even a win maybe, but then Juve has only themselves to blame for this loss. *sigh*

And my God did RM look bad out there, not even one piece of play worth mentioning, they had absolutely no idea what to do when they had the ball, and even less when they didn't have it. Barca looks better at the moment and anything rather than a win on Saturday should be a huge disappointment for the players and the fans.

Oh and Ronaldo is such a disgrace, that was painful to watch. And that, amongst others, is the reason why Messi will always be at least a level above him.

We always looked bad against Juve or played well & lost...they are known to be our boogie team in the CL
Not since the 80's have we done anything good vs Juve except the final (and people argue we did steal it from them which is kinda of true considering how good they were )
but if you look at the history since our no 7 CL than it's

2008/2009 Group H Real Madrid - Juventus 0:2 (0:1)
2008/2009 Group H Juventus - Real Madrid 2:1 (1:0)

2004/2005 Round of 16 Juventus - Real Madrid 2:0 (0:0, 1:0) aet
2004/2005 Round of 16 Real Madrid - Juventus 1:0 (1:0)

2002/2003 Semi-finals Juventus - Real Madrid 3:1 (2:0)
2002/2003 Semi-finals Real Madrid - Juventus 2:1 (1:1)

I mean you have Del Piero avatar.. he had Iker number all day long and twice on Sunday , the Bernabeu adore Del Piero even though he was the main feature behind many of the defeats against Juve

Alissa

I know that you have never had it easy with Juve but I really thought that this time it would be different, that you'd be clearly superior to this Juve side or that you'd at least have a proper plan against them. I didn't see any of it yesterday and I was surprised.

Oh and btw. I found it a nice gesture from the fans that they applauded Pirlo when he was subbed off.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Who cares send Juventus to the europa league.

This is where the Bundesliga gained the majority of there coefficients to get where they are. flawed system.

Not going to catch for many years, better to not care. Also if Juventus fail to qualify it means more money for Milan, etc etc important :xavi:

Saying that, it was the best Juventus have played this season by a million miles, and unlucky not to come away with anything.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Who cares send Juventus to the europa league.

This is where the Bundesliga gained the majority of there coefficients to get where they are. flawed system.

Not going to catch for many years, better to not care. Also if Juventus fail to qualify it means more money for Milan, etc etc important

Mate I agree that it's a flawed system but it is what it is. But if Italy had 4 spots wouldn't it be more beneficial for Milan as the risk of missing CL will be less?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Mate I agree that it's a flawed system but it is what it is. But if Italy had 4 spots wouldn't it be more beneficial for Milan as the risk of missing CL will be less?

Definately, and the overall league is as strong as it's been for many years, but we have a side that should be competing for top spot, but w/ injuries and the backups just aren't of good enough standard. If we don't make the top three it's our own fault and we don't deserve to be there in the end. The four spots wont be coming back for a long time, teams have to do better in the Europa league, and the problem is nobody gives a monkeys about it, and quite rightly so, it's not worth it for the money that's given out.

Cule4life

The Culest
Definately, and the overall league is as strong as it's been for many years, but we have a side that should be competing for top spot, but w/ injuries and the backups just aren't of good enough standard. If we don't make the top three it's our own fault and we don't deserve to be there in the end. The four spots wont be coming back for a long time, teams have to do better in the Europa league, and the problem is nobody gives a monkeys about it, and quite rightly so, it's not worth it for the money that's given out.

Agree but it's not so black and white in today's football. You miss CL and you find it hard it to attract top players which makes it hard to compete again. It can become a vicious cycle like with Liverpool.

Beast

The Observer
I know that you have never had it easy with Juve but I really thought that this time it would be different, that you'd be clearly superior to this Juve side or that you'd at least have a proper plan against them. I didn't see any of it yesterday and I was surprised.

Oh and btw. I found it a nice gesture from the fans that they applauded Pirlo when he was subbed off.

Thank you , the Bernabeu appreciate the artists .. it doesn't matter what team he plays in and what he did to us in a game unless he starts provoking them .. Del Piero did get several standing ovations before , Pirlo last night .. Ronaldinho after the 3-0 Bernabeu defeat

As for yesterday.. it's not a secret Carlo is walking on thin ice and a draw at home or defeat right before the clasico wouldn't be any good.. unlike Conte and Juve the situation for Carlo is very touchy and he is walking on thin ice
Juve is still one of the strongest sides in Europe and back to back Serie A champions...as for the game plan .. he's been testing all season this is his 4th formation and one suggested by the players so he can drop the 4-4-2... which is why i feel the clasico will not be easy but ugly and tough

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
In recent years (because of Madrid's tactics) the Clasico has been very ugly and tough. It would be nice if you tried to play some football this time amigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans