Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pointless comparison, as I see it. RM and Barca have vastly different tactics and game plans. What works for one team, doesn't necessarily work for another. That's like saying we should get a tank CF because Bierhoff worked for Udinese and Milan, or that we should get a midfield destroyer like Lucas because he works for Liverpool.

I see you chose to infer only what you wanted from my comment.
Nowhere did I compared Barca to Madrid, and nowhere did I even suggest Barca should play like them.

I only pointed out that for Madrid, in the absence of football, they can still find scoring because they have direct goal scorers up front. It would behoove our fans and our team to understand and appreciate this.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I only pointed out that for Madrid, in the absence of football, they can still find scoring because they have direct goal scorers up front.

And from this you inferred that this means we are absolutely crying out for one those goal scorers as well, which means you're comparing the two.

Trickykid

I see you chose to infer only what you wanted from my comment.
Nowhere did I compared Barca to Madrid, and nowhere did I even suggest Barca should play like them.

I only pointed out that for Madrid, in the absence of football, they can still find scoring because they have direct goal scorers up front. It would behoove our fans and our team to understand and appreciate this.

My point is that it's of course not as simle as "just adding" another natural goal scorer. It's always a question of what we'll lose compared to what we'll gain, if we add something new to the team.

Also, would it really behoove us, and even the team, to understand and appreciate your point? Really? Get off that high and mighty horse of yours, good sir. Pretty please.

pEllee

Yeah, really awful.

I'm blaming Matuidi. Can't stand it when limited players like him are regular starters for a team that's playing a football with lots of possession. He's got no vision at all, nor is he capable of passing on a level that's required.

He can run, and intercept, that's it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
And from this you inferred that this means we are absolutely crying out for one those goal scorers as well, which means you're comparing the two.

No sir. Saying Barcelona would benefit from acquiring a direct scorer and alluding to Madrid's circumstance is not a comparison. It is offering an example. There is a difference.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
My point is that it's of course not as simle as "just adding" another natural goal scorer. It's always a question of what we'll lose compared to what we'll gain, if we add something new to the team.

Also, would it really behoove us, and even the team, to understand and appreciate your point? Really? Get off that high and mighty horse of yours, good sir. Pretty please.

That wasn't your original comment. You said it was a "pointless comparison" when in fact it wasn't pointless, nor was a comparison. The issue of chemistry and fit is another one altogether, and a valid one at that, even if I personally don't buy the we'll lose more than we'll gain opinion.

Yes, it would behoove the fans here to understand the necessity for scoring up front, because time and time again I see them complaining about the team without understanding some things. It is not a "high horse" approach, it is simply an observation.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Man Utd are almost certain to appeal Fellaini's suspension. They'll be wanting him ruled out for three games rather than just one.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I remember many Man Utd fans being excited at the prospect of Fellaini in their starting lineup when SAF was there, but as soon as Moyes stepped in, Fellaini became rubbish, which he has proved so far mostly judging by their comments on social media, our guys here and guys I know, but still time to really explode and blossom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans