Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crews

No more worrying about the win streak either. Should have Robbery on the pitch next time Bayern plays in the CL, I think then we can start thinking how good this team really is.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Damn this win might be beneficial for bayern in the long run helping them avoid complacency or underestimating opponents. Steamrolling through opponents too much can make you complacent

Exactly what I'm hoping for, similar to the 2nd leg against Arsenal last season. ;)

F

Flavia

This was the 1st time Pellegrini beat Pep.

Teams qualified for the round of 16 today:

Group A:
1- Man Utd
2- Leverkusen

Group B:
1- Real Madrid
2- Gala - Juve was postponed

Group C:
1- PSG
2- Olympiacos

Group D:
1- Bayern
2- Man City

JamDav1982

You don't have to literally say the word, but that is what everyone on Twitter and some here are implying. We are underestimating them. Again.

I dont think anyone is underestimating them at all, just pointing out that they dont think its a fact that Bayern would be heavy favourites.

Ghost

^Not many here. Mostly on twitter... Yeah, I probably shouldn't let that influence my posts here. :lol:
I dont think anyone is underestimating them at all, just pointing out that they dont think its a fact that Bayern would be heavy favourites.
In what area are we as good or better than them?

JamDav1982

^Not many here. Mostly on twitter... Yeah, I probably shouldn't let that influence my posts here. :lol:

Midfield and front three I would take Barca players but not much in it.

Defence Bayern and GK not much in it.

I think it would be close but if pushed think Barcelona would take them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Messi and the declining but still quite good midfield.

Come on, City wasn't better than Bayern today but they beat them. Chelsea wasn't better than us and they beat us. We don't need to be a whole lot better than Bayern to beat them.

And Ryu, told ya, Bayern defense is not as invincible as you might have suggested.

Unbiased United

I hate to say it, but I think City could win it this year.

By that I don't mean they are the best team in the competition, but I'd put them amongst the favorites with Bayern, Barca and Real. I also think they'll win the Premier league....dark times indeed!

Messi and the declining but still quite good midfield.

Come on, City wasn't better than Bayern today but they beat them. Chelsea wasn't better than us and they beat us. We don't need to be a whole lot better than Bayern to beat them.

And Ryu, told ya, Bayern defense is not as invincible as you might have suggested.

We can beat them. It's just that we're definitely not favorites. And there'd probably be at least some luck involved. Not Chelsea 2012 level, but still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans