Champions League 2016/17

JamDav1982

He picked out Ludogrets into the group of PSG and Arsenal.

Not really helping or hindering anyone or guaranteeing any money spinning games.

Quite clear the reason he was told to pick again no conspiracy here.

Neymessi

Dude, barely anyone gave a fuck that day. Yes, that MIGHT have happened, but it didnt. City didnt achieve anything of impressive note so far, and a group stage win vs a good team isnt turning shit into gold over night. What are your reasons ro discredit Dortmund here?

Dormund had one amazing season back when they reached the final of cl but iirc won no trophies at all. After that they have done fuck all in europe or their bundesliga. Yes a season before that they won the bundesliga but that would be 5 years back. Manc since then won 1 epl and have finished 2nd most if the times bar the last season while dortmund have let bayern won consecutively for 4 seasons with no competetion whatsoever with bayern winning months before the season ends being a trend for some time now. City have been piss poor in europe but they have been unlucky to always get bayern or barca in their r16. In europe it would be close but i Would give it to city in the last 4 years but domestically city wins easily. And overall city.

But its noe even about who has achieved more. I am talking about who has more chance of winning against a top side and that would be city easily with current pep.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Dormund had one amazing season back when they reached the final of cl but iirc won no trophies at all. After that they have done fuck all in europe or their bundesliga. Yes a season before that they won the bundesliga but that would be 5 years back. Manc since then won 1 epl and have finished 2nd most if the times bar the last season while dortmund have let bayern won consecutively for 4 seasons with no competetion whatsoever with bayern winning months before the season ends being a trend for some time now. City have been piss poor in europe but they have been unlucky to always get bayern or barca in their r16. In europe it would be close but i Would give it to city in the last 4 years but domestically city wins easily. And overall city.

But its noe even about who has achieved more. I am talking about who has more chance of winning against a top side and that would be city easily with current pep.

City would have not won anything if in same league as Bayern these past few years.

Suddenly City have gone from fucking terrible English team on here to one that has actually been very strong. Just because they are in Barcas group.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Reus is still injured and won't be back until late September (questionable for the game against Real Madrid on September 27th at best), Goetze is somewhat recovering from an injury that has put him out for a few pre-season games.

Yannik

City would have not won anything if in same league as Bayern these past few years.

Suddenly City have gone from fucking terrible English team on here to one that has actually been very strong. Just because they are in Barcas group.

This, and Pep being there now.
I personally dont see how City is that much of a better team than BVB is. Their success has been slightly more recent, while BVBs success has been slightly more impressive. City can buy a lot more players, but BVB has been buying smarter. City has a higher regarded coach, but Dortmund has an already working playstyle.

The forum seems to go from laughing at City to praising them surprisingly quick, yet the season is hardly even underway. What if Peps City actually catastrophically flops? I guess we can argue back and forth, but I personally want to see City doing something now, before I buy in on the hype.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He picked out Ludogrets into the group of PSG and Arsenal.

Not really helping or hindering anyone or guaranteeing any money spinning games.

Quite clear the reason he was told to pick again no conspiracy here.

Maybe yes maybe no in that example.

But there was a conspiracy beyond the doubt as former head of Fifa said so himself.

Next question that arises is: Who benefited?

One only had to look at Madrid opponents in recent years to deduct an answer for themselves.

JamDav1982

Maybe yes maybe no in that example.

But there was a conspiracy beyond the doubt as former head of Fifa said so himself.

Next question that arises is: Who benefited?

One only had to look at Madrid opponents in recent years to deduct an answer for themselves.

The former head of FIFA is Blatter who is a known liar and was trying to take down UEFA with him.

Why has Blatter never made more of these claims or taken them further? Because he made them up most likely.

Him saying that is proof of nothing.

Look at Madrids opponents last year then - the draws were made by Stankovic, Zambrotta and Zanetti.

They all just went along with the idea of fixing the draw like so many before them and none of them thought to refuse and bring the issue up?

Drawing City yesterday has been held up as a fix...drawn by Henry. Is he in on it to?

Yannik

Reus is still injured and won't be back until late September (questionable for the game against Real Madrid on September 27th at best), Goetze is somewhat recovering from an injury that has put him out for a few pre-season games.

Bit annoying. The first game vs Madrid is also at the Westfalenstadion so actually the place where BVB has a decent chance, but without Reus that's quite hard now. The return leg is in Madrid, cant see Dortmund winning there, with or without Reus. Wouldve been better for BVB had it been reversed.

serghei

Let's not get into the would have, or would have not, because that is pure speculation. City has a better record in CL than Dortmund since 2013. That is simply the truth, not speculation.

City was weak last season comparing with Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico and even Juventus. Comparing City with these teams is one thing, comparing them to Dortmund is another matter. I don't see how saying City is the weakest semifinalist from last season, and saying they are better and bigger than Dortmund is a contradiction.

Athletico did loose crucial players. Quick thinking and names such as Turan, Falcao, Filipe Luis and Diego Costa pop up recently. Basically you have 2 arguments. 1. Financials, which is true but seemingly overrated here because they spend 200m per year, like United, but didnt do much so far. 2. 6 bad months by Dortmund, the EL season as a result of that. They moved on.

If I were to make a combined 11 of both teams.
Bravo
Pisczcek-Kompany-Stones-Guerreiro
Gündogan-Castro
Reus-KDB-Silva
Aubameyang

Having money is not overrated. It means you get to keep your best players because you don't need to sell to finance yourself. Vital argument. If Dortmund had City's financial power they would've been immense. Bayern is the only german team from which City can't buy from, because they rival City financially. The rest are weaker than City, so they can't keep their players. Schalke sold their best player to City, Dortmund sold their best midfielder to City, Wolfsburg sold their best player to City. I trust you can see the trend in this. City can buy whatever player they want from Bundesliga as long as it doesn't play for Bayern. Why? Because the only really big club from Germany at the moment is Bayern Munich.

This is how things stand, like it or not. Only Bayern are big enough in Bundesliga to match City's power.

Bravo
Pisczcek Kompany Stones Guerreiro
Gundogan Fernandinho
Reus De Bruyne Silva
Aguero

I have 8 from City and 3 from Dortmund.

And about those 6 months from Dortmund, it goes to show how important it is to be consistent. Play half a year like garbage and you finish 7th. Should that be excused? No. Let me tell you something, Dortmund being 18th of 20 teams after 20 games in Bundesliga in 2014-15 is more embarassing than anything City did in the last 4-5 years. And some here said City reaching a CL semifinal is being hilariously bad in Europe. How about being in danger of relegation in Germany after more than half a season has passed? I'd say that's being "hilariously bad".

Last edited:

Yannik

They buy a lot of players, but they dont play fantastic football. BVB sells a lot of players, yet play fantastic football. This isnt about who buys what, who's bigger or richer, thats where this aspect becomes overrated, it's about who's better and so far I dont see any convincing argument why Dortmund is significantly worse than City now. Or if even.
Last year Dortmund played the best league campaign in their history. That's good enough to redeem a fluke campaign in 2014. it shows that this season was an exception and not an indicator to decreasing.

Last edited:

serghei

They buy a lot of players, but they dont play fantastic football. BVB sells a lot of players, yet play fantastic football. This isnt about who buys what, who's bigger or richer, thats where this aspect becomes overrated, it's about who's better and so far I dont see any convincing argument why Dortmund is significantly worse than City now. Or if even.
Last year Dortmund played the best league campaign in their history. That's good enough to redeem a fluke campaign in 2014. it shows that this season was an exception and not an indicator to decreasing.

We'll see. Let's keep an eye on Dortmund and City this season in Europe. City's results are better than Dortmund in recent history, even if they didn't play fantastic football, style-wise. You say Dortmund is better, but only have one argument, and that's the 2013 season. Outside of 2013, City has better results in Champions League than Dortmund, even if Dortmund's style was more spectacular than City's under Pellegrini or Mancini. Let's see what happens this season.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Of course city wouldn't have won but you can be sure the difference between them wouldn't be that massive that bayern wins the league months before bundesliga ends. Of course city is much worse than us no body is denying that and I am not saying this because they are in our group (don't know why anyone would say that anyway) but they aren't lightweights by any means. If you are taking into account history, oil money blah blah then its a different thing. I am just saying city are anyday a better opponent than dortmund currently if you ask me.

RMU ReBorn

Facing 8th placed Bundesliga team in Qf and 4th placed Epl team with their manager lacking inspiration to win anything is different from facing shitty and Gladbach in group stage's

Home of Barca Fans