Champions League 2016/17

barcafan161

I don't rate city over dortmund. They will likely improve under Guardiola, but so far it's only expectations.

City are clearly better than dortmund

Dortmund couldn't even knock out a 7th place liverpool team in the europa. Now they have lost two of their best midfielders.

City are clearly better than dortmund

Dortmund couldn't even knock out a 7th place liverpool team in the europa. Now they have lost two of their best midfielders.

If losing to Liverpool is an argument what do you make of the FACHT that City got trounced 7 1 over two legs last season ?

barcafan161

If losing to Liverpool is an argument what do you make of the FACHT that City got trounced 7 1 over two legs last season ?

where city finish in the league compared to liverpool and who won the cup final between the two teams?

Dortmund were winning that tie easily and just froze when it mattered. Never seen a team so scared of losing as that Dortmund team were. They are no doubt a good team but city are clearly a better team. Hell they were last year and this year city under Pep are clearly better coached than they were in previous seasons.

where city finish in the league compared to liverpool and who won the cup final between the two teams?

Dortmund were winning that tie easily and just froze when it mattered. Never seen a team so scared of losing as that Dortmund team were. They are no doubt a good team but city are clearly a better team. Hell they were last year and this year city under Pep are clearly better coached than they were in previous seasons.

and where did city finish in the league compared to... dortmund ? Those are hollow arguments.

already addressed the guardiola expectations. That's banking on the future, not the present.

And talk about freezing in the CL. City were subpar against PSG and only qualified because the french missed key players and played shit games of their own. The semi vs RM was beyond catastrophic. City vs Dortmund is certainly too close to call still.

Yannik

Pep has hardly even started coaching. There's no guarantee that City and Pep will work out, especially in his debut season. People should just wait and see what he brings to the team.

JamDav1982

and where did city finish in the league compared to... dortmund ? Those are hollow arguments.

already addressed the guardiola expectations. That's banking on the future, not the present.

And talk about freezing in the CL. City were subpar against PSG and only qualified because the french missed key players and played shit games of their own. The semi vs RM was beyond catastrophic. City vs Dortmund is certainly too close to call still.

City beat PSG fairly easily and missed key players of their own throughout the CL campaign.

They were better side. Simple as that and PSG were not good enough. Anything else just excuses.

barcafan161

huh? city beat PSG because they were the better team and showed what a joke the french league is. PSG were missing Verratti. Who else were they missing thats worth mentioning?

Dortmund are weaker this year to me. Losing two key midfielders who played well for them when they played. City meanwhile have bought some good players this summer. Certainly out wide.

I was comparing two PL league teams in terms of positioning where the german league has no real relevance. There is really hardly much comp in terms of anybody else being good enough to finish above dortmund.

Yannik

[MENTION=19823]barcafan161[/MENTION] Schalke, Gladbach and Leverkusen are not much worse than Leicester, Tottenham and Arsenal who funished above City this year. You might argue about a lack of competition from Bayerns narrative for a title race and based on that the league seems to be an utter joke to you, but german teams are regularly making it out of their CL groups and also into quarterfinals. Dortmund is by far not guaranteed a top 2 finish.

City beat PSG fairly easily and missed key players of their own throughout the CL campaign.

They were better side. Simple as that and PSG were not good enough. Anything else just excuses.

City were subpar against PSG and only qualified because the french missed key players and played shit games of their own

Yea, my post was totally making excuses for PSG. You are fucked up lol. Dream on. Pathetic at this point.

barcafan161

[MENTION=19823]barcafan161[/MENTION] Schalke, Gladbach and Leverkusen are not much worse than Leicester, Tottenham and Arsenal who funished above City this year. You might argue about a lack of competition from Bayerns narrative for a title race and based on that the league seems to be an utter joke to you, but german teams are regularly making it out of their CL groups and also into quarterfinals. Dortmund is by far not guaranteed a top 2 finish.

They aren't guaranteed top 2 this year as I don't think they have improved. I never said the german league was bad. There are some good teams but last year we knew the top 2 before the season started. Hopefully this year will be different.

huh? city beat PSG because they were the better team and showed what a joke the french league is. PSG were missing Verratti. Who else were they missing thats worth mentioning?

So i say that city was bad and psg was even worse, and you go "no, city were better" ? You do realize there is no difference right ? ..
You're only wording it to make it out like city were decent in their own right which they weren't, and if anything that joke of a semi confirmed how shit they were.

You can use this game as an example of how shit the french league is, and it is, but anyone with decent knowledge of PSG knows that it was one of their worst games in Europe in years. And yea Verratti wasn't the only one missing.

barcafan161

So i say that city was bad and psg was even worse, and you go "no, city were better" ? You do realize there is no difference right ? ..
You're only wording it to make it out like city were decent in their own right which they weren't, and if anything that joke of a semi confirmed how shit they were.

You can use this game as an example of how shit the french league is, and it is, but anyone with decent knowledge of PSG knows that it was one of their worst games in Europe in years. And yea Verratti wasn't the only one missing.

No city played well, the tie away from home they played some good football and won at home thanks to a very good goal. You made excuses to why PSG lost by blaming injures. Anybody can play that card. PSG being poor had alot to do with how city shut them down. Certainly in the home leg.

City didn't go out and attack real in the semi final no but they were hardly embarrassed and got beat by a very unlucky deflection for Bale's goal...who knows how it ends if that goes to extra time

:facepalm: Must be because i'm french or something. Fine, I love PSG and make excuses. City played great football. Me stating that PSG played terrible was actually some sick attempt to absolve them. Good on you for focusing only on the injury excuse. As we all know, it was only Verratti.

barcafan161

:facepalm: Must be because i'm french or something. Fine, I love PSG and make excuses. City played great football. Me stating that PSG played terrible was actually some sick attempt to absolve them. Good on you for focusing only on the injury excuse. As we all know, it was only Verratti.

You stated injures was part of why they lost. So yeah you were making excuses.

If If Zlatan had finished better it could of been different but PSG just kind of faulted under pressure.

Home of Barca Fans