Champions League 2017/18

vlad

at times I wonder if you're even a Barca fan or trolling.. how can this myth continue, its 2018 ffs. Abidal was wrongly sent off for Anelka's dive and missed a CL final because of it.

if that wasnt a foul from abidal where he touched anelka´s foot in the air, then yes, im a madrid fan

"myth" only in your head,we dont live in 50´s so you cant check it on you tube how many times you want, but you dont want to check or you are blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9TDAXhLWI8 3:50 looks at anelka foot in the air and movement, is this natural or abidal touch caused anelká´s leg to turn inside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PI2KEPm5vo similar to this situation where suarez leg got kicked in the air and caused him to fall, if you dont check legs closely, you would think its a dive, but its not

Last edited:

Givenchy

if that wasnt a foul from abidal where he touched anelka´s foot in the air, then yes, im a madrid fan

"myth" only in your head,we dont live in 50´s so you cant check it on you tube how many times you want, but you dont want to check or you are blind

who said you were a Madrid fan?

Abidal was wrongly sent off and you say the ref was on our side, feeding into the whole 'uefalona' bullshit that ensued from that game onwards. next you'll be telling me that wrongly disallowed goal vs Inter was also 'in my head'

El Gato

Villarato!
You're talking about who won, trying to imply in some way that the team who wins a football game is automatically more deserving to go through because they scored more goals. Rubbish and simplistic, and totally not looking at the 'how', but only at the 'what'.

So romantic. Tell me more about how teams playing beautiful football dominate the competitions and how they are simply the better teams :lol:

4 shots 4 goals, 30% possession > 25 shots and 2 goals, 70% possession

At any level.

viper76

Do you really believe that there is a clean football and honest competition after what happened over the last 3 season ?

Only UEFA and UEFA only chooses who is the winner .

Stoichkov1

So romantic. Tell me more about how teams playing beautiful football dominate the competitions and how they are simply the better teams :lol:

4 shots 4 goals, 30% possession > 25 shots and 2 goals, 70% possession

At any level.

I guess for you Chelsea was the best team in the world in 2012 then.

DennyCrane

Just looking at it objectively, we did perform better. Doesn't matter though. Real Madrid still makes it and that's what you have to do.

Your prediction was kinda accurate although I'm not convinced that Bayern were the better team. Statistics wise and aesthetically they were, but at the end of day people gotta ask themselves why it is that RM consistently emerges from those tight matches as a winner.

Strength of nerve and ruthlessness are player qualities that RM has in abundance. Bayern lacked those over the two matches. The stuff Müller talked about, lack of quality in details, is bang on: When a team produces decisive individual blunders several years in a row, from missing penalties to receiving unneccessry red cards, gifting the ball away or total blackouts like Ulreichs mistake, that is a lack of quality.

Givenchy

Do you really believe that there is a clean football and honest competition after what happened over the last 3 season ?

Only UEFA and UEFA only chooses who is the winner .

honestly i dont think the CL is fixed, refs are just really shit in recent times, no english refs at the world cup really speaks volumes.

as for Laliga though, i certainly think Madrid have been given games by refs. there was an occasion Pepe pulled a defender down in the oppositions penalty area and Pepe actually got the penalty :lol: cant remember who it was against but the robbery was real

FCBfan22

Anyway, if Liverpool pumps this roma 3-0 or 4-1 tonight, Valverde should really think about his own existence.

vlad

who said you were a Madrid fan?

Abidal was wrongly sent off and you say the ref was on our side, feeding into the whole 'uefalona' bullshit that ensued from that game onwards. next you'll be telling me that wrongly disallowed goal vs Inter was also 'in my head'

however, my point was, pep´s barca at their peak wasnt untouchable as we like to think, so for me is just hypocrisy point finger at zidane´s real and how "lucky they are" , while 2 CL under pep werent smooth either, when they were in best possible position to go to final and defend title they choked vs 10 players, so you dont have to dominate in every segment to win CL, because its unrealistic, barca can win CL when they are at their best, otherwhise they go out easily, we laughed at madrid´s easy draws 2 seasons ago, but look how barca responded when they got easy opponent for once, could be that fear factor played big part yesterday and thats why bayern couldnt finish their chances, did 1 amateur mistakes which lead to real score 2nd goal, but to cause fear factor you have to win this competition in every way you can, and thats what this madrid side is doing and even if they face team which is in better form, they will always have that mental edge over them

edit: of course, real did benefit from referee decisions in their CL run like no one before that, but i dont think its on purpose from referees or uefa, otherwise if i would believe its on purpose and there is some sort of agenda to bring CL trophys to madrid, then i would stop watching football because why even bother

Last edited:

Givenchy

however, my point was, pep´s barca at their peak wasnt untouchable as we like to think, so for me is just hypocrisy point finger at zidane´s real and how "lucky they are" , while 2 CL under pep werent smooth either, when they were in best possible position to go to final and defend title they choked vs 10 players, so you dont have to dominate in every segment to win CL, because its unrealistic, barca can win CL when they are at their best, otherwhise they go out easily, we laughed at madrid´s easy draws 2 seasons ago, but look how barca responded when they got easy opponent for once, could be that fear factor played big part yesterday and thats why bayern couldnt finish their chances, did 1 amateur mistakes which lead to real score 2nd goal, but to cause fear factor you have to win this competition in every way you can, and thats what this madrid side is doing and even if they face team which is in better form, they will always have that mental edge over them

we were poor under Pep at times especially in away matches but i guess it comes down to the fact just because you play the best football that doesn't mean you're entitled to win anything. i agree also that all big teams in the CL get decisions now and then but i think its fair to say Madrid seem to get them alot more, i don't believe the CL conspiracy in Madrids favour, laliga is another story though.

Madrid got through vs Juve and Bayern by the skin of their teeth but they did enough, Barca did not. feelsbadman times as a cule, our last hope are Liverpool to end this misery

Home of Barca Fans