Champions League 2017/18

El Gato

Villarato!
No one talking about the penalties not given?

Lots of people do. What's worth talking about more? That, or the fact that controversial/wrong decisions take up cumulative 2 minutes of a 180 minute tie? Bayern threw this away more than been hard done by it. Simple as.

utility73

Just demonstrates how inferior Real was in everything but chance conversion that even with that many controversial decisions regarding PK kicks not given they are drowned out by the inexplicable conversion rate of the otherwise world class offensive Bayern players.

BarçaBarça

Morten had a doomsday scenario in his head even when we were about to win the Duodecima.

But people are really underestimating Bayern:
1) There is not a single lead we held onto when facing these circumstances under Zidane
2) This Bayern is better than either of the two previous iterations
3) No fully fit or on-form RB against an in-form Ribery
4) Benzema will probably have to start to give us even a slightest chance of getting something out of CR tonight. Doesn't work when he's not there. But it means we'll be down to 10 men from the start.
5) Keylor is a liability
6) Lewa literally faced criticism from every possible direction. Even Bayern legend like Kahn admitted he was underperforming. Nothing better to motivate a guy like him.
7) This is still the same team that had loads of decisions go against them last year, so they have a chip on their shoulder.

I agree with every point, very logical and rational - but you forget one thing: Zidanes black voodoo magic!
I'm talking about the magic that makes sure that otherwise great players always bottle it against you guys, and how the linesman/ref are always a little too slow so they can't see the tough offside etc. We have seen it time and time again, and therefore I'm not expecting any result from Bayerns side in the end. Maybe until '85, but not when the game is over.

I think it might just be the calmness and convincingness of the team, they really don't believe they can lose overall no matter what, so they don't in the end. In other teams the nerves get to them, and they play worse under the immense pressure.

So here we are. Exactly as I predicted: A lot of rational reasons for a Bayern win and go-through, but Real Voodoo unexplainable magic happens in all games like this:
Ulriech who has been great all season decides to gift a goal away like a backyard amateur. Or like a youth goalie. Bayern decides to miss from point blank 2 meters out several times, when it is harder to miss than score. Marcelo has a handball, but coincidence has it that the ref doesn’t see it. Bayern doesn’t think Benzema should be marked when RM are making crosses.
The list goes on, but the result is like I said it would be, because that is the way it always ends. Real Madrid are not good, has no tactics whatsoever, doesn’t even look like the better team. But they are fully motivated, coincidences goes their way every time and in the end the always win.

jamrock

I don't know what zidane is doing when no one is looking but i need to find out because this mofo is so lucky.

FC B

Bayern has no right to complain about refs in this one.

They gifted Madrid goals left and right and managed to waste at least 10 clear scoring opportunities, that's the story of this tie.

They have to right to complain, ofc but keep in mind they've played both legs without half of their team, imagine what that mean if it was Barca to face Mierda in the semis of the CL...

Devils

1) When they play in-form they blow the opposition out of the water.
2) When they play off-form they have individual brilliance that pulls them through.
3) In-form or off-form they have more luck than all of the other teams in the competition combined.

Shit ain't gonna stop until two of these factors diminish.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
1) When they play in-form they blow the opposition out of the water.
2) When they play off-form they have individual brilliance that pulls them through.
3) In-form or off-form they have more luck than all of the other teams in the competition combined.

Shit ain't gonna stop until two of these factors diminish.

Form doesn't matter, what matters is what kind of players they are.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
i am laughing when i see madrid is not strong, when the starting 11 is in form they are the best team in the world by far.

Alik

Lots of people do. What's worth talking about more? That, or the fact that controversial/wrong decisions take up cumulative 2 minutes of a 180 minute tie? Bayern threw this away more than been hard done by it. Simple as.

The fact that every year it's the same shit and it's frustrating.

And considering that those 2 mins could have been decisive, they have definitely been hard done by it.

Fact is, RM beat Bayern without Ronaldo.

..but yeah, with some luck

Not some luck. A lot of luck and referee help.

Home of Barca Fans