Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

fergus90

I'd love a Napoli win but the CL has been cruel to me for almost 10 years now so expect them dumped out next round :lol:

If I have to witness another Real Madrid CL, I may give up football for good. Especially as they've been useless this season.

Your 1st half was not good. De Ligt and Sommer had problems with PSG's press, and upfront there was little threat.
2nd half Bayern totally dominant, and of course 1st leg

I am wondering: Why Choupo and Muller start? It seems that with Mane and Sane instead of them, your attack is so much more versatile and dynamic.
Any explanation?

Funnily - M?ller was voted man of the match (so many could have gotten it as I thought that especially de Ligt was great - and Stanisic) and Choupo scored the goal.

It is not about the best attackers for countering. But M?ller captains especially the pressing (and when he leaves it is not half as good as when he is on) and when he finds a possibility he usually keeps his head - and that helps especially with ball wins and that Paris cannot get the ball out clean in the build up.

Birdy

As long as City Napoli and Bayern are in the semis I would be ok with the current best-3 teams in Europe reaching that stage.
I wouldn't want them to face each other earlier

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
In terms of who I'd prefer to win the CL this season:

1. Napoli
2. Chelsea (it's just fun that they do it when they're a shambles)
3. Benfica, Inter, Milan - almost impossible but would be fantastic

4. Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid, City.

Birdy

In terms of who I'd prefer to win the CL this season:

1. Napoli
2. Chelsea (it's just fun that they do it when they're a shambles)
3. Benfica, Inter, Milan - almost impossible but would be fantastic

4. Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid, City.

I see, you prob hate Pool-Bayern as well

But, if the question was who you think deserves it more this season? How would that change your list?

ajnotkeith

Would love to see a Calcio team win it and prove that Italy could finally be back.

We need more excitement in the sport, more competition.

fergus90

Given that Bayern are Europe's top scorers and have conceded 0 goals in 6 games against PSG, Barca and Inter you'd have to say they are favourites.

Any side with Mbappe/Messi you'd fancy but now PSG are gone, I'm not sure if there is enough attacking talent left to trouble them. They could well just 1-0,2-0 there way to the trophy.

City i've backed continuously for about 6 years but they don't look too strong this season, anything can happen in moments though and it does depend on injuries etc heading into these fixtures.

Yannik

I feel like performance wise it's inbetween Napoli and Bayern.
City, Inter, Liverpool, Madrid etc are all having a tough year. Chances are they will step up eventually on a few big nights, but speaking about their road so far none of them shine.
Of course Madrid will still win it tho, even if I don't count them amont the favs.

Richard.H

Given that Bayern are Europe's top scorers and have conceded 0 goals in 6 games against PSG, Barca and Inter you'd have to say they are favourites.

Any side with Mbappe/Messi you'd fancy but now PSG are gone, I'm not sure if there is enough attacking talent left to trouble them. They could well just 1-0,2-0 there way to the trophy.

City i've backed continuously for about 6 years but they don't look too strong this season, anything can happen in moments though and it does depend on injuries etc heading into these fixtures.

It's never so predictable in the CL. In fact I'd wager because they are such favorites, they will be knocked out. I still think it will be RM or some newcomer team

Yannik

Liverpool may be masively deceiving though. Like you'd count them out based on them being only 6th in England cause they like to bottle against the likes of fucking Brighon and Brentford, but come a big opponent then they are weirdly clutch. Im not buying into their league form. They can go far provided that they can avoid Madrid.

fergus90

Anyway i'm just pretending not to cry inside at the fact Barca cannot get anywhere near the CL these days.

Feels like a lifetime ago we were nailed on for at least the semi's every season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With a league title at least we'd get a top seeding, but with what I have seen from this team in Europe I wouldn't be fully confident of advancing even if we get a decent group.

Need some serious squad improvements and Xavi not to get schooled by everyone.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Liverpool may be masively deceiving though. Like you'd count them out based on them being only 6th in England cause they like to bottle against the likes of fucking Brighon and Brentford, but come a big opponent then they are weirdly clutch. Im not buying into their league form. They can go far provided that they can avoid Madrid.

Liverpool is out already.

Home of Barca Fans