Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Birdy

I called you out already dude, your take is one of the worst in the history of this forum. How can you think a team like Liverpool would've beaten the machine that was Pep Barca? I'm sure Messi, Xavi and Iniesta would've been trembling of fear of being pressed by Henderson and Milner :lol:.

EvergreenAgitatedAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

OK, you keep caricaturing my point on purpose
Not gonna bite

Talk to the deluded fanboys here instead. There are many

serghei

OK, you keep caricaturing my point on purpose
Not gonna bite

Talk to the deluded fanboys here instead. There are many

You still think 2011 Baca gets beaten by any version of Klopp's Liverpool? Liverpool's style is all wrong for that version of Barca. Heavy pressing never worked against that side as it was too quick, too fluid, and too technical. Only park the bus was proved to be somewhat successful in a one-off type of scenario.

I give better chances to 2014 peak Simeone Atletico against Pep Barca than any team I've seen since 2011.

Last edited:

Morten

Atletico, really?

If its league we are talking about, their record is simply dreadful against Barca, so no chance.

Temptation

Prime Klopp Liverpool would beat Prime Pep Barca. Prime Pep Barca was a better league team though. Prime Liverpool would be better in one off knockouts. But then Prime Barca paid refs so........

Temptation

You still think 2011 Baca gets beaten by any version of Klopp's Liverpool? Liverpool's style is all wrong for that version of Barca. Heavy pressing never worked against that side as it was too quick, too fluid, and too technical. Only park the bus was proved to be somewhat successful in a one-off type of scenario.

I give better chances to 2014 peak Simeone Atletico against Pep Barca than any team I've seen since 2011.

Not any version but the peak one which was the best defense in the world with Peak Virgil and Allison.

Temptation

Since I get you are talking about me, and you and Serghei are such pussies that do not have the balls to simply call by name, I will reply myself

1) Stupid is to think that this Liverpool team is the same as the team that won 2019 CL and 2020 EPL (This is for Serghei)

2) Stupid is to say "barely one EPL" while pretending that there were not Pep and a super team to compete with for that league all those years

3) Best team of all time has to do with how the team plays. And Pep's Barca is for me the best team of all time.

4) I never said they would lose. I said it will be close and they would lose some and win some, if they played many times against each other in a hypothetical world.

5) Any great team of the past would most likely lose against any even less greater football team that come years after them.
Do you think Galacticos Madrid would win against let's say Chelsea of Mourinho for instance? Hell NO, they would be skinned alive.
Saying that they would lose some against a team that come 10 years after having incorporated all that historical development is hardly an insult against that team. The opposite. Most would simply lose all the time

6) Finally, I get it.
Majority in here is deluded fanboys that become Barca fans between 08-12 and idolized beyond logic Messi fist of all, and then that team.
It's characteristic of delusion to not be able to make rational judgments and having teenager knee-jerk reactions about everything

Imho Peak Jose Mourinho's Chelsea would be one of the toughest teams ever in a knockout or a must win game. They were just so crisp, efficient, fast and solid. It's a mystery how they didn't win a CL(well I'm not complaining; you know why haha).....

They were brilliant both offensively and defensively(that crazy goals conceded stat is bonkers). I think they'd wipe the floor with some of these "all time great teams"......

JohnN

Let's go again. the Liverpool team that in the peak of it's powers barely advanced against 2019 Barcelona, who had Valverde for manager and Messi heavy carrying to get past Lyon and Manchester, would go toe to toe with Pep's Barca with the most stacked world class squad of at least the last decades.

There are of course one offs and any team can beat any team. But this is no the point of the comparison.

About the point of past teams not being able to keep up with modern teams, there is actual merit to it but it's not 100% true.
As a general rule, the average team of 1980s would lose to the average team of the 2010s. But this is mostly due to the massive difference in physicality. This is not the case from 2010s to 2020s.
Every aspect of the game has not improved since 2010. On the contrary. So, the argument, doesn't hold water.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah lol. Find me a couple of experts who rate that Liverpool side higher than Pep's Barca. We're supposed to be convinced by a Liverpool fan that his favourite side that won two major trophies in their prime would beat a team that like 70% consider the GOAT team and 99% consider to be at least top 5 OAT. Another trolling attempt or delusion, I don't know.

Home of Barca Fans