Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

topt

Lol you really can't help the arrogance, can you? :lol:

Read some posts here, including mine, and you'll see for yourself. I've been saying it'll be close games for a few days now.

We have a couple of bad oldies in our squad like Busquets and Alba, including whom runs the risk of being run over again in CL like recent years. But if we start FDJ/Kessie and Balde in their spots and Kounde on the right, it will be a competitive game.

Ok, so if you do get trashed (big if so I wont look arrogant) we will not blame that again on "barca at its lowest, bayern at its highest".

KingLeo10

Ok, so if you do get trashed (big if so I wont look arrogant) we will not blame that again on "barca at its lowest, bayern at its highest".

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I think Bayern will score at least 2 at the Allianz. But Barca has a very sharp attack too, so I expect us to score a couple as well.

Camp Nou will be an interesting test. I see another even game and maybe Barca edging it out there.

Temptation

There's more than a bit of animosity between Barca and Bayern in the recent years which is probably clouding both KL and topt's judgement a tad here, which is totally normal.

Barca aren't at their lowest anymore but they seem like a very solid team with an in form attack.

Also, I certainly don't think it'll be a thrashing this time. At the most, a 3-1 win but I'm not even sure Bayern will win.

Last few weeks, Bayern haven't been clinical at all and even Mane has been average by all accounts. Meanwhile, Barca have strengthened their defense and have the pace to cope with Bayern's wingers.

I'm really looking forward to Bayern's defense tackling Dembele, Raphinha and Lewandowski on the counter.

I think Bayern will have the Lion's share of the ball and Barca will be forced to play on the counter a fair bit.

If I had to predict I'd gravitate towards a draw or a 1 goal W for either of the sides....

Horatio

You're welcome
draw/loss at Allianz
win/draw at Camp Nou

Our defense nowhere near as good as our attack. Good luck with Mane Sane and Muller.

KingLeo10

draw/loss at Allianz
win/draw at Camp Nou

Our defense nowhere near as good as our attack. Good luck with Mane Sane and Muller.

More concerning is the midfield IMO. Defense has the pace for the most part but our midfield will most likely (almost a certainty) lose the midfield battle v Kimmich and Muller and co.

Gavi and Pedri don't yet have the experience of dominating big games. FDJ is a misfit at DM even if he has legs. And Busquets is 5-6 years past his prime.

Temptation

Or maybe you concede midfield possession for this away game and hit them on the break.

This should be the lineup imo.

MATS

Play Kounde Araujo Christensen and Balde in defense. Lots of pace in there and the 3 defenders are solid.

The mid 3 should be Gavi FDJ and Kessie. Unpopular opinion but I can't see how Pedri fits into this strategy for this game. Busi shouldn't start. The mid 3 I picked has lots of grit but enough to release the forwards on the counter.

Front 3 would be Dembele and Raphinha flanking Lewandowski. I think this front 3 will be deadly on the counter. Use Fati as impact sub.

Horatio

You're welcome
Out of our defense I trust Kounde so far to be able to face Bayern. The other ones we'll see how they do.

KingLeo10

Or maybe you concede midfield possession for this away game and hit them on the break.

This should be the lineup imo.

MATS

Play Kounde Araujo Christensen and Balde in defense. Lots of pace in there and the 3 defenders are solid.

The mid 3 should be Gavi FDJ and Kessie. Unpopular opinion but I can't see how Pedri fits into this strategy for this game. Busi shouldn't start. The mid 3 I picked has lots of grit but enough to release the forwards on the counter.

Front 3 would be Dembele and Raphinha flanking Lewandowski. I think this front 3 will be deadly on the counter. Use Fati as impact sub.

Need Pedri to even have a sniff of 40-50% possession lol. We aren't Mourinho's Chelsea or Inter of the 00s

Our midfield and defense nowhere good enough to play a low block.

Last edited:

Temptation

Getting good possession against Bayern can be really tricky. They just pin you back with their intensity. Also, their starting 11 is way more set with pressing as a team due to being together for longer so it'll be tough for Barca to retain the ball for long periods as it is.

In terms of coaching patterns of play, Bayern will be ahead too. Barca will rely on individual brilliance more than Bayern.

KingLeo10

Getting good possession against Bayern can be really tricky. They just pin you back with their intensity. Also, theie starting 11 is way more set with pressing as a team due to being together for longer so it'll be tough for Barca to retain the ball for long periods as it is.

In terms of coaching patterns of play, Bayern will be ahead too. Barca will rely on individual brilliance more than Bayern.

I don't think Nagelsmann is all that. He had a strong Bayern team and lost to Villareal...who Pool destroyed with ease when they really wanted to.

Maybe more experienced than Xavi, but that's about it. Nothing about him is elite.

Temptation

Think Nagelsmann is really good at some aspects but with obvious glaring errors.

Which is why, I for one, think Dembele and RL9 will cause them major problems when they play that silly high line.

Nagelsmann is at a different level to Xavi when it comes to overperforming with average teams. Look at his Hoffenheim and Leipzig stints. He has great tactical potential overall. Now who's the better manager for a bigger team? that'll be seen in their current stints.

From what I have seen so far, Xavi seems more of a man manager and motivator type than a true tactical wizard and dogmatic philosopher. The kinda coach that needs individual brilliance in his ranks. His recruitment seems like really good so far.

Barcilliant

Bayern are a very good side but there's something lacking in them. Their attack is not that clinical and Upemecano always has a mistake in him.
My biggest concern is the midfield. If Xavi playa Busquets we are toast. I'd play Gavi, Pedri and definitely Kessie in midfield.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don't think Nagelsmann is all that. He had a strong Bayern team and lost to Villareal...who Pool destroyed with ease when they really wanted to.

Maybe more experienced than Xavi, but that's about it. Nothing about him is elite.

Ya think he is overrated, flick was way better but still a lot better than Kovac. "More experienced Xavi" fits well.

FinBarcelonafan

Sporting looks very good this season imo. They were good in the first match too.

2-0 for sporting.. what a goal!!!!!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans