Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Andresito

Staff member
Funny to see all the 'La Liga is dead' posts at the start of the game.

Also seems like Temp joined his AWOL gang at last.
This will be written on his tomb.
Laugh at us......

Enjoy our misery.....

Celebrate our losses.....

....But you can't deny that we have a special luck in this competition just like RM do. Something special about the word "Liverpool" and the phrase "European Nights".

Let's go. This season we are fucked and it is very much CL or bust. Never underestimate Liverpool in the UCL. We're the underdogs to win it. Fingers crossed.

YNWA.

serghei

Need to come back in CL fast, because we are still the only team that can beat Madrid fairly often. Quite odd. The ones in Europe are hopeless. Madrid like ropey end to end games, and only Barca slows the game down well and makes them chase the ball a lot. And City to an extent (but they have other huge issues). EPL teams are terrible at this, they play right into Madrid's hands, the unjustified arrogance you need to have to do that...

Too bad fucking UEFA made sure a clasico tie happens once every 10 years lol with their idiotic format regarding draws restrictions.

Last edited:

Messi983

City won't beat this Madrid, they are bottlers themselves.

Bayern I am afraid will beat Madrid.

You really like Bayern, don't you? :lol:

I mean, it's not like they're my favorite team either but would never go so far to say I'm affraid some team will beat Madrid. :lol: Always happy when they lose and can't win another trophy. But yeah, we're picking between two evil empires so can't really choose the right one. :lol:

If Madrid will play Bayern I probably won't watch the game(s). Tbh don't give much sh** about CL in recent years anyway (not surprising) although there are still some teams I like and hope can go far. Mostly Napoli but also Dortmund, Leipzig (both German teams will probably be out against Chelsea and City though) and Benfica.

Don't dislike Tottenham (they're the only "big 6" EPL team I can stand for some reason) or Milan either. Won't watch them tonight but would also support whoever between Inter and Porto will advance in a possible quarter finals against Madrid or Bayern but don't really have much hopes they could do anything so probably wouldn't bother watching those games either.

serghei

There's not much to root for in CL tbh. Napoli and that's about it. Madrid should be considered top 2-3 favorites as I said some months back. Still one of the best teams in the world easily. Just got confirmed again by tearing Liverpool a new arsehole. What is it now, 6 wins in the last 7 games against any version of Liverpool, from good, to great, to bad?

We just need to focus on ourselves and get back in CL with a top team that can deal with intensity and pressure on a consistent basis.

Last edited:

Porque

There is still a second leg. Madrid almost blew it last year versus Chelsea.

I don't expect it to happen but Liverpool still have chances.

serghei

There is still a second leg. Madrid almost blew it last year versus Chelsea.

I don't expect it to happen but Liverpool still have chances.

Yeah, as much as Madrid like drama, this is likely not happening this time. Liverpool are too shit at the back to not concede 2-3 goals in Madrid.

iniestaGOAT

There's not much to root for in CL tbh. Napoli and that's about it. Madrid should be considered top 2-3 favorites as I said some months back. Still one of the best teams in the world easily. Just got confirmed again by tearing Liverpool a new arsehole. What is it now, 6 wins in the last 7 games against any version of Liverpool, from good, to great, to bad?

We just need to focus on ourselves and get back in CL with a top team that can deal with intensity and pressure on a consistent basis.

They are def the number 1 favourites. PL teams are in shambles and not as good as they used to be.

Bayern was hardly impressive vs PSG. And one of them is going out anyway.

MAdrid #1 Bayern #1 City #3 who are choke artists

El Gato

Villarato!
Was a nice little circus show last night

Good to see ol' Liverpool helping out the old friends

Like Porque says tho - this is sort of a mirror of Chelsea tie though Liverpool are a worse side right now. They don't react well to adversity so shouldn't be expected to hold on even if they do mount a comeback. Real on the other hand have very little clue how to hold a lead. It's not over

serghei

They are def the number 1 favourites. PL teams are in shambles and not as good as they used to be.

Bayern was hardly impressive vs PSG. And one of them is going out anyway.

MAdrid #1 Bayern #1 City #3 who are choke artists

I see it the same. Still think there is room for a great underdog win like a Porto 2004 stuff. Napoli seem in the zone. The bad news is that Madrid built a dinasty out of winning CL in average years, smashing the pretender good clubs. And average years are called that because they are the most common type of years in interclub knockout competition. You don't see Madrid winning when there is an elite dominant team around. Just when you have these periods of good, not great teams being around in the competition, waiting for a giant mental monster like Madrid to kick them out while exposing their flaws.

Hence why their wins are not against likes of mid 00s Milan, late 00s and early 10s Barca etc, or what could be qualified as an elite complete team. But Leverkusen, Atletico, Juventus, Valencia types. They do seem to kick out Bayern often though, which is their favorite most impressive recurring victim among the big boys, until Klopp's Liverpool got jealous and decided to challenge them as Madrid's favorite callgirl. But then Klopp Liverpool showed on Camp Nou, losing 0-3 to an average Barca, that they are not quite what they seem. And then got knocked out at their peak, at home, by a fucking average Atletico version.

Liverpool got exposed big time. And Madrid are just proving they have the 2-3 pieces that Valverde Barca lacked to win the CL back in 2019.

Last edited:

Porque

Yeah, as much as Madrid like drama, this is likely not happening this time. Liverpool are too shit at the back to not concede 2-3 goals in Madrid.

Agreed, they don't look at the level and a team with 10+ losses so far shouldn't be a consideration to. But this is CL football, and they will put everything into that one game for pride sake alone. A bit like us when with Koeman and PSG away, where we didn't have the level but pushed them for much of the match. Missed the pen, etc.

Luis Diaz will be back by then. The only other thing that could effect their form is Atleti (lol) beating them and putting LaLiga to bed, or ourselves winning the first leg of CdR in Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans