Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Morten

I throughly enjoy CL and EL these days from a German perspective. It's fun watching new teams that were originally midtable making upsets keep up with the big names nowadays. Consecutively qualifying for knockouts, even winning int. titles now. Bundesliga is looking vey optimistic at the moment, unfortunately it will not last given that the PL teams will just buy out all the overperforming teams over the next 2-3 years again, but I am starved on this front, so I enjoy it for as long as I can.

And lets not forget Bayern in that equation.

fergus90

Dortmund have actually signed more Bundesliga players than Bayern in recent years, surprising little stat for you.

Yannik

How did Union Berlin's style become a thing?

Union is joint first with the lowest xG in the league. It's not even luck at this point, just some terrorist football voodoo shit that noone can really explain. All that I can say is that they are insanely good at one thing which is completely nullifying their opponents while being max efficient with the only 2 shots theyll have all game.

Last edited:

Porque

Agreed, they don't look at the level and a team with 10+ losses so far shouldn't be a consideration to. But this is CL football, and they will put everything into that one game for pride sake alone. A bit like us when with Koeman and PSG away, where we didn't have the level but pushed them for much of the match. Missed the pen, etc.

Luis Diaz will be back by then. The only other thing that could effect their form is Atleti (lol) beating them and putting LaLiga to bed, or ourselves winning the first leg of CdR in Madrid.

Since this post.

Blew LaLiga
Drew vs Atleti
Drew vs Betis

Copa del Rey
Lost first leg vs Barca at home

Meanwhile Liverpool just pumped Man Utd 7-0. Not saying it will happen, but if you are a betting man the momentums are changing, and the window of that comeback is slightly larger.

jamrock

Just because I hate the EPL hype, I may want Madrid to win, but if those fuckers go through they may win the entire thing.

TrueCule

Am I the only one who thinks that Liverpool will manage an epic comeback on Bernabeu? I have a similar feeling than before the PSG remontada.
Liverpool are gaining the momentum, they have the quality and are more than capable to score at least three goals to this Real side. If Juve and Chelsea managed to score three there in the past seasons, then Liverpool can too. They scored 7 against an uprising United who had been in great form before the match on Anfield.

Porque

Am I the only one who thinks that Liverpool will manage an epic comeback on Bernabeu? I have a similar feeling than before the PSG remontada.
Liverpool are gaining the momentum, they have the quality and are more than capable to score at least three goals to this Real side. If Juve and Chelsea managed to score three there in the past seasons, then Liverpool can too. They scored 7 against an uprising United who had been in great form before the match on Anfield.

It's no coincidence that Tempt only reappeared after the 7-0. Must have given the lad a wee bit of hope.

Home of Barca Fans