Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

jamrock

At halftime of the CL ties, it's premier league penis suckers 0, everyone else 1, 😂

City will go through though

Kul_z

State of cl football is embarassing. Even more embarassing is that we got ko-d from this shit show. And tommorow we'd get ko-d from el. Fucking hell.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
The good old mentality argument, which certainly played a part, but we had still had too many freaking players that weren't good enough even for EL clubs (Lenglet, Semedo, Coutinho..). Put literally any defender from Madrid into Barca 18/19 instead of Lenglet and we have a CL more.

That's fucking bullshit we had leads in both games (roma and pool) and the whole fucking team collapsed, lower league EPL teams would of put up more of a fight. Alba was fucking crying at half time. The not good enough excuse just doesn't cut it especially with those types of leads.

Yes and no. As in mentality is tied in with the raw ability of players. Let's be honest, Real had some legendary or great players, just as we had. What they did different is getting lucky with more signings(we got lucky with La Masia golden gen) and better managers for the squads they had.

For example, people rave about mentality after yesterday's result, but everyone knew Real had the better players/squad quality. It was just a matter of turning it on. On the opposite side, Liverpool were always a squad of over achievers under Klopp. Their midfield is trash when compared with what Real had, for example.

Mentality is definitely not tied in with raw ability, that's absurd logic. Just need to compare teams who have medicore players at best but who keep going even when 1, 2, 3-0 down. Valverde Barto and the players are all to blame.

Yannik

I throughly enjoy CL and EL these days from a German perspective. It's fun watching new teams that were originally midtable making upsets keep up with the big names nowadays. Consecutively qualifying for knockouts, even winning int. titles now. Bundesliga is looking vey optimistic at the moment, unfortunately it will not last given that the PL teams will just buy out all the overperforming teams over the next 2-3 years again, but I am starved on this front, so I enjoy it for as long as I can.

KingLeo10

I throughly enjoy CL and EL these days from a German perspective. It's fun watching new teams that were originally midtable making upsets keep up with the big names nowadays. Consecutively qualifying for knockouts, even winning int. titles now. Bundesliga is looking vey optimistic at the moment, unfortunately it will not last given that the PL teams will just buy out all the overperforming teams over the next 2-3 years again, but I am starved on this front, so I enjoy it for as long as I can.

PL teams will buy out all the overperforming teams over the next 2-3 years is a funny of saying Bayern will poach them after having them run their contracts down :mou:

Yannik

PL teams will buy out all the overperforming teams over the next 2-3 years is a funny of saying Bayern will poach them after having them run their contracts down :mou:

No, Leo, it's just the shitty truth. Bayern will buy 1-3, PL will buy 8 or 9.
If anything Dortmund is buying more than Bayern, but eventually it goes full cyrcle and they'll join the PL anyway.

It's nice to look at for a bit, but we peak to late. The likes of Frankfurt, Union, Freiburg etc are not financially suited to compete with the PL. It's fun watching them upset in Europe, but it isn't meant to last.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans