Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

serghei

Dortmund are not better than us, but one thing all the remaining four teams are able to do that we cannot for whatever reason is combine properly with each other and play quick passes through to get into space and drive the ball forward.

Our players play at the pace of a team you'd see 30 years ago.

Nah. In the past, true, but I didn't see any difference of intensity in the PSG - Barcelona tie. I did see a difference in individual quality and experience. Dortmund would have been 50-50, just like PSG.

I get the discussion over the years, but this season in isolation, intensity was not a problem. Individual errors cost us all season because the players Barca fans think are great, aren't really all that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nah. In the past, true, but I didn't see any difference of intensity in the PSG - Barcelona tie. I did see a difference in individual quality and experience. Dortmund would have been 50-50, just like PSG.

Intensity off the ball and urgency on the ball are different things.
We can match any team's intensity off the ball. Our team runs a lot, perhaps too much which might explain some of the injuries, but our urgency on the ball in general is poor.

serghei

We can match any team's intensity off the ball. Our team runs a lot, perhaps too much which might explain some of the injuries, but our urgency on the ball in general is poor.

Urgency on the ball was not an issue either. The match we played in Paris was pretty close to being perfect, if we ignore the clown in the goal.

This season was not like the previous seasons.

Morten

The meltdown of your Brazilian clowns when homeboy takes over will be delicious.

He will start at CF, but 100% he will be moved out left over time, at the cost of either/both of Rodrygo and Vinicius.

Though, he can always change his mind again, as he so often does,

Horatio

You're welcome
Urgency on the ball was not an issue either. The match we played in Paris was pretty close to being perfect, if we ignore the clown in the goal.

This season was not like the previous seasons.
We played counter football though. Is a bit different playing it fast when building

serghei

If some guys think Madrid will treat Mbappe like PSG... :lol: Mbappe will toe the line or they will get rid of him.

Birdy

Yup,
and the intensity off the ball as well is worthless if not integrated in a proper pressing plan with proper triggers.
Xavi is one of the worst coaches I have experienced when his team doesn't have the ball.
The players press just by running around like headless chickens
No organization no plan

Urgency on the ball was not an issue either.

You don't understand what is urgency then

serghei

We played counter football though. Is a bit different playing it fast when building

That's true. All teams struggle with fast passing in positional play. Only Pep Barca racked dem passes like in Play Station 5, and that was not as much down to Pep but Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. And occasionally City.

It's true that EPL sides play faster, but other than City they have shite control and concede loads of chances due to this.

Home of Barca Fans