Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

mesiesta

So, basically we will have 6 teams that are stronger than us in QF + Dortmund/PSV.
Underdog status might even be good for us in this case.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Outplayed for long stretches of the match, even the stats showed we had less possession and completed fewer passes at home despite far more shots on goal - a bizarre thing to accept from a Xavi coached team

You do see/appreciate the advantage of having a driving midfielder like Fermin who is direct & is relentless with pressure ala Gavi. Not yet able to do it for 90 min but had a key role in early advantage outside of his goal - always an outlet and was a catalyst in transition to service the attacking players

For me that‘s the most glaring absence outside of a legitimate LW, seeing a midfielder create. 3rd goal came from Sergi Roberto’s pass & movement, 2nd goal was really all down to Lamine and 1st was Fermin’s run into the box to get onto the end of Cancelo’s pass after the overlapping run

The midfielders are too often anonymous

Horatio

You're welcome
Outplayed for long stretches of the match, even the stats showed we had less possession and completed fewer passes at home despite far more shots on goal - a bizarre thing to accept from a Xavi coached team

You do see/appreciate the advantage of having a driving midfielder like Fermin who is direct & is relentless with pressure ala Gavi. Not yet able to do it for 90 min but had a key role in early advantage outside of his goal - always an outlet and was a catalyst in transition to service the attacking players

For me that‘s the most glaring absence outside of a legitimate LW, seeing a midfielder create. 3rd goal came from Sergi Roberto’s pass & movement, 2nd goal was really all down to Lamine and 1st was Fermin’s run into the box to get onto the end of Cancelo’s pass after the overlapping run

The midfielders are too often anonymous
Fermin turned out to be the biggest problem once Napoli started to move up pitch more and pressure instead of looking for long ball on Osimhen.

He did very poor trying to help control mf and lost close to all of his duels.

Once Xavi took him off we regained control immediately. Also got Gundogan back into game.

I like Fermin. But poor game from minute 20 onwards.

malvolio

So, basically we will have 6 teams that are stronger than us in QF + Dortmund/PSV.
Underdog status might even be good for us in this case.
Barca don't know how to play as an underdog. In fact we don't even know how to adapt to the situation.

Just like last night, we do our thing and if it works then we're golden. If it doesn't and opponent takes their chances then we start to panic.

We might be underdogs on paper but be sure we're not going to play like Atletico. And that will be our undoing. We don't even have the personnel for that tbf.

Porque

Xavi played calculative versus Man Utd.

Sat deep and conservative looking to exploit any counter with very few men committing.

Likely he goes the same way against a better team again. Just without Marcos Alonso thank fuck.

iniestaGOAT

Xavi played calculative versus Man Utd.

Sat deep and conservative looking to exploit any counter with very few men committing.

Likely he goes the same way against a better team again. Just without Marcos Alonso thank fuck.

Lets not forget he parked the bus vs Madrid lasst season too,
But we aren't interested in that.

We go out swinging.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2011: Barcelona ❌
2012: Milan ❌
2013: Bayern ❌
2014: Bayern ❌
2015: Monaco ❌
2016: Barcelona ❌
2017: Bayern ❌
2024: Porto ✅

Arsenal 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 banish their demons of the last 16 and make the quarterfinals for the first time in 14 years 🥳

Loki

Who do you want as an opponent in QF?
I know I only want to dodge City, PSG and the blancos. City for obvious reasons, PSG and Madrid are not that strong, but they like to play against our playstyle. They happily invite us into their half only to press against Fermin/Raphinha/Christensen and then kill us with their pace, which will be on another level than that of Napoli.
Without Frenkie and Gavi, I want to avoid fast counter attacking teams as much as possible.

My wish would be in that order:
1.Dortmund/PSV
2. Atletico/Inter
3. Arsenal
4. Bayern
5. Madrid
6. PSG
7. City

Fati_Future_BallonDor

As long as we avoid City and Bayern everything is possible.

Ofc Dortmund/PSV would be the best opponent.

PSG isnt strong but need to find a way to stop Mbappe.

Against Real i think the rivalry power will make the match unpredictable even tough they have a better team.

Arsenal/Altletico/Inter are also difficult to beat but possible.

Home of Barca Fans