Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

redout

Orrrrr... United's defence is slightly better than Barca's, and Barca's attack is miles ahead of United's! 31 more goals scored in 4 less games is more than considerable.

I wouldnt agree with that at all. I stick by considerably better than Barca's. United have conceded 11 less goals in four more games than Barca.

Do the math and works out at United shipping a goal every 144 mins on average compared to Barca's 99 mins.

The statistics point to Barca's average being considerably better than Uniteds.

;)

Sure is that not more or less what I said :icon_confused:

EDIT: I was referring to goals scored just to clear that up

Last edited:
A

ALIW

NO PROBLEM WE ARE THE BEST MABY WE SEE SOME NEW BIG NAME FROM OWER 2 TEAM DON't warry barca is the champion we are the best in tha world.........go go go go aigles of the world Barcelona vs Manchester United 2-0 i feel this .

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, ALIW!...Go Wildcats!

4607ff6d-002b7-025cf-400cb8e1

Heath Newton

if someone with pace and skill gets at vidic, he struggles. this has always been the case. milan baros always used to run him ragged. don't forget vidic didn't play either leg of the semi-final last year.
every time torres has faced united previously he's gone against rio who's had him in his pocket. for the first time in ages he attacked vidic instead and exposed his hesitancy.
so I can see messi being played central to get at vidic. but he'll be well protected by anderson and carrick, so I don't know how much space there will be to expose him.
rio (best defender in the world) will have to have a great game.
it's a bit of a sweeping statement to say that anyone with pace and skill troubles vidic......we've played plenty of top teams in the last 3 or 4 years and done ok thanks,and the majority view seems to be that he's an integral part of the best defensive pair of centre backs in the world at the moment.

It's funny you should say that. Did you see your boys against Arsenal the other night? Ronaldo on the half way line and the other ten players behind the ball? You were trying to defend a one goal lead and got two lucky breaks. But still, considering you won 3-1 it proves that launching the ball forward does work.
does anybody else think that's how we played the other night?? :rolleyes:
How many goals have United scored this season as well? If lump the ball forward and feed off scraps it must mean all the goals we scored this season are just lucky bounces our way. I find that hard to believe.
i didn't say that...but if you want to admit it by implication/association then that's fine with me. ;)

Vidic is fucking awful. Him being good in the air is a myth because if we were lumping the ball forward that day, how come the arguably "best centre half in the Premiership" not win anything in the air?
1.that statement really is ridiculous.
2.he had an off day.shit happens,i and he are both over it thanks.

I thought so. Zonal marking always comes under scrutiny when we concede from corners. Man marking should come under scrutiny too because of that dog of a player's shite movement can seem to get him goals. That's luck.
i didn't mention zonal marking,so bringing it up to try and slate vidic,again seems to me like you're protecting something you KNOW is a weakness on the assumption that it'll be attacked as one.

Without Ronaldo, they would be the same as chelsea imo.
They played more or less the same as chelsea against arsenal (except for the first twenty minutes in the first leg, they had a superior drive forward) loads of players behind the ball and hoping that ronaldo does something cool with it.
if you say so,and that's obviously why most seasoned observers said it was a bit one sided....i'd say that we're the best of both worlds,bit of chelsea,bit of barca.
we can outfootball or outbattle anyone,and are prepared to use all of our abilities to try and win.
and wouldn't it be remiss of us to ignore the fact that we can stifle teams if we absolutely have to??

i don't like that,but unfortunately,hypocrisy isn't illegal.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it's a bit of a sweeping statement to say that anyone with pace and skill troubles vidic......we've played plenty of top teams in the last 3 or 4 years and done ok thanks,and the majority view seems to be that he's an integral part of the best defensive pair of centre backs in the world at the moment.

and the majority view is correct.

he's absolutely magnificent and I think most likely the second best CB in the world (behind rio).

doesn't mean he is without flaw, though.

baros constantly mugged him. torres made an arse out of him. he didn't look too clever against hulk, either ('til rio returned for the second leg and dealt with him).

pace and skill combined with direct running trouble the guy. simple as.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Pace and skill combined with direct running trouble pretty much every defender.

you'll take any side to argue with me. :p

and yeah obviously that's generally the deadly combination, but there are plenty of CB's around the world who, while they can be exposed by the PSDR combo, don't go from world-class to plodder when faced with that kind of player. it's not a blatant weakness in their game, whereas it is with vidic.

Heath Newton

Pace and skill combined with direct running trouble pretty much every defender.

good point

you'll take any side to argue with me. :p
and yeah obviously that's generally the deadly combination, but there are plenty of CB's around the world who, while they can be exposed by the PSDR combo, don't go from world-class to plodder when faced with that kind of player. it's not a blatant weakness in their game, whereas it is with vidic.

obviously we won't agree,except to disagree on this.
if it is/was a blatant weakness,how come he's got a decent national record when he's not with rio?
:tease:

Home of Barca Fans