Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

F

FCBSAM

Messi is da best, we are positive thinking CULERS and we shall yet prove it once more. by the way, why was Ronaldo getting an attitude when he was replaced yesterday?

United

Point is if you were to miss those 5 players you would cope much better than us.
We simply dont have quality subs like you do.

Hmm... I just thought if we miss those players it would've hit us more than it would hit you.

You're right, strength in depth is one of our main asset.

We never play the same team in every successive game. SAF always tinkers with the squad thus avoiding injuries and fatigue.

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Omg, what's happened to our super season!? Henry and Iniesta possibly out of the CL Fin?! Messi is fucking knackered! Alves and Abidal............Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

maz

I walk the line
alves--> o'shea?
This I agree. O'Shea is nowhere near as good a right back as Alves in terms of attacking. Defending, I'd say both are about the same. So if we were to lose O'shea and Barca were to lose Alves, you'd be the biggest losers.
O'shea has been important to man utd, and alves hasnt had a great run of games recently. On current form (which is what im basing this all on) i think alves beats o'shea, but not by much. However i feel alves would have got alot of space vs united as opposed to the chelsea game.

abidal-->evra
Evra is a better player than Abidal. In this scenario, we'd be the biggest losers.
Im a massive fan of both players. While evra over his career has been better than abidal, i feel at the moment theres not much differenc between the two.

iniesta-->ronaldo
I think Iniesta is a great player. But to compare him with Ronaldo? Well that's just unacceptable in my view. The only player that can be compared to Ronlado in Leo Messi. I disagree.
As i said before, its based on current form. Messi has been our best player this season, but within the last few games iniesta has been our best player. Same with united and ronaldo. He got alot of stick during the course of the season but in the last few weeks he's really turned it on. A genuine question: how much of iniesta have u seen this season besides the chelsea games? Its hard to say he isnt our most influential player lately.

henry-->rooney
This also I disagree. Wayne Rooney is much more important to us than Thierry Henry is to you. Rooney's presence in the squad is even more vital than Ronaldo's. Wayne Rooney IS Manchester United. His footballing ability is not the only thing we'll be missing, his presence on the pitch is inspirational to the rest of the squad. He is a true team player that plays anywhere on the pitch for the team.
Yeah this was a tough one because rooney definitely gets around more than henry does, while henry scores more than rooney. However who would u compare henry to? I chose rooney because they both play in similar positions in their respective coach's systems, and both are quality players.

rafa-->wes brown
I agree.

maz

I walk the line
Messi is da best, we are positive thinking CULERS and we shall yet prove it once more. by the way, why was Ronaldo getting an attitude when he was replaced yesterday?
Didnt want to be subbed. To be honest alot was made of it but it shouldnt have been.

United

@ maz

I admit that I don't follow the La Liga as much as I'd like to. However I tend not to miss the high profile games. So my view about Iniesta might not be as accurate as yours. Anyway I still think that Ronaldo is far more influential than Iniesta.

Also, Ronaldo is still nowhere near his best. In the Manchester derby, although he scored from a free kick (deflected) he was anonymous throughout the game.

I'm not sure who I'd compare Henry with. We do not have a quality left winger that can be compared with Henry. Position wise, he can be compared to Rooney or Park depending on who plays in the left wing. Influence wise, I'd put him below the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo but above Tevez and Berbatov.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Guys it`s not the lack of Pep`s experience (although he is late with the subs sometimes). It`s the lack of depth. Pep was dealt the same/weaker cards than Rijkaard had.
Just look at what Txiki bought for almost 40 mil. Hleb and Caceres. Both players that are used less than Pedro and Vasquez (both youth players for you Mancs here).
There simply isn`t enough cover, especially for Xavi and Iniesta.
ya you are right its not his experience.but we should blame pep in his subs. i know hleb hasnt performed well all season long but what about caceres? while he had been poor in few games but also was brilliant in few others, n as LB too. the subs too need time to show what they can do. if pep does same to bojan next year i'm sure he will be willing to leave(on loan at least).
when we knew we're going to play the most matches than any other clubs in europe, pep sd have thought about that in less important matches like bayern away.but no matter if we loose CL and Copa but this is a season to remember n we all cules have to applaud pep.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
@ maz

I admit that I don't follow the La Liga as much as I'd like to. However I tend not to miss the high profile games. So my view about Iniesta might not be as accurate as yours. Anyway I still think that Ronaldo is far more influential than Iniesta.

Also, Ronaldo is still nowhere near his best. In the Manchester derby, although he scored from a free kick (deflected) he was anonymous throughout the game.
What do you classify as influential? Making all the actions and trying to provide team mates with scoring opportunities throughout the whole match, eight games in a row?

As good as Ronaldo (or Messi for that part) may ever be, i deem midfielders as Iniesta or Xavi much more influential than both strikers can ever be.

maz

I walk the line
@ maz

I'm not sure who I'd compare Henry with. We do not have a quality left winger that can be compared with Henry. Position wise, he can be compared to Rooney or Park depending on who plays in the left wing. Influence wise, I'd put him below the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo but above Tevez and Berbatov.
Well perhaps the iniesta/ronaldo comparison is debatable. But as for henry, given that he was our most important player before xmas when we played sevilla, valencia, madrid, villarreal, and then had scored 4 goals in 3 games against sevilla, valencia, madrid, and should have had a penalty against chelsea, i would put him above tévez and berbs.

United

Well perhaps the iniesta/ronaldo comparison is debatable. But as for henry, given that he was our most important player before xmas when we played sevilla, valencia, madrid, villarreal, and then had scored 4 goals in 3 games against sevilla, valencia, madrid, and should have had a penalty against chelsea, i would put him above tévez and berbs.

Yes. That's exactly what I said.

I'd put him below the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo but above Tevez and Berbatov.

Beast

The Observer
I never loved Marca so much before. :iniesta: :iniesta: :iniesta: :iniesta: :iniesta: :iniesta: :iniesta:

Although wouldnt it be interesting that the madrid paper is giving culés false hope!

No way not in those kind of news(transfers yes but not injuries ) .. the test proved the injury is not bad and he will be ready for Roma

Home of Barca Fans