Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
in other words: we have to adapt our style of play because you are to good in open football game.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
in other words: we have to adapt our style of play because you are to good in open football game.

when did i say that :confused01::confused01: i said we would have to adapt our game not the other way around! but the thing i will say is it could well play into our hands as we will have more chances to counter attack ;)

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
yes, that's what i said: Manchester has to adapt.

Looks like barcelona is the stronger footballing team then.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
yes, that's what i said: Manchester has to adapt.

Looks like barcelona is the stronger footballing team then.

ohh right :p i wouldn't say that mate if i was to go down probably line ups for the teams like i did on my own forum i think United players won 6 out of 11 with 2 draws and 2 wins for you lot! but we all know games aren't won on paper ;)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
i think if it came down to who could attack more efficiently we would win it as i think we would hold out and ye would struggle at the back with Alves and Abidal now missing also!

Sorry mate, I didn't mean the "cocky" part that literally. Anyway, if you have followed our games, you should know that we won't struggle defensively without Alves cause' he is more of a right wing forward than he is a right back. But we wil suffer from not having his support in the offense. And btw, yes - Man U is an fantastic team and I admire what you have done in EPL and CL.
But I do feel sorry for you guys because of Ronaldo. I know how important he is for you and how well he plays, but he behaves like a 9 year old child sometimes, just like Ibrahimovic (that's why almost nobody in this forum would like Ibra to play for us even if he is one of the best strikers). Ronaldo has to behave, or misbehave with style.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Sorry mate, I didn't mean the "cocky" part that literally. Anyway, if you have followed our games, you should know that we won't struggle defensively without Alves cause' he is more of a right wing forward than he is a right back. But we wil suffer from not having his support in the offense. And btw, yes - Man U is an fantastic team and I admire what you have done in EPL and CL.
But I do feel sorry for you guys because of Ronaldo. I know how important he is for you and how well he plays, but he behaves like a 9 year old child sometimes, just like Ibrahimovic (that's why almost nobody in this forum would like Ibra to play for us even if he is one of the best strikers). Ronaldo has to behave, or misbehave with style.

no worries mate ;) yeah thats true i suppose and it looks like Puyol will be at right back in the final and he will offer ye some stability at right back but at the same time it will cut down the amount of track work Rooney or whoever players left wing will have to do!

i dunno mate he dopes go over the top and acts like a bitch at times but the fact is IMO he just wants to play every minute of every game and that for me is only a good thing because if you don't enjoy playing anymore it doesn't matter how talented you re you wont preform if your heart is not in it...like Ronaldinho and Adriano...i don;t think Messi is an angel himself TBH didn't he spit at another player?

United

IMO the thing about Barca is that they play very attacking and sexy football but they don't have a plan B. Whenever I see Barca play, it is a possession based attack oriented football. That's a good thing, easy on the eye and judging by your season has brought results to the team. But when teams do park their bus in front of goal and deny you space to work with, you struggle to break them down. There is no backup strategy, you can't play long balls, bypassing the midfield. IMO Guardiola is tactically poor when it comes to using different formations and changing the playing style. Barcelona is one dimensional (although extremely good at it).

Our game on the other hand, while not attractive as Barcelona's, does the job. We do play attractive football but we don't do it as often, especially in the champions league. The thing is when smaller teams park the bus against us, we do have a plan B. We are able to play the dirty box to box long ball stuff. So if we come against Barcelona, instead of attacking, we go to defensive mode and try to score goals via counters and set pieces.

I don't think we'll try to outscore Barcelona as that would be very a difficult task. Instead we'll change our tactics and play for a victory, stylish or not.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
no worries mate ;) yeah thats true i suppose and it looks like Puyol will be at right back in the final and he will offer ye some stability at right back but at the same time it will cut down the amount of track work Rooney or whoever players left wing will have to do!

i dunno mate he dopes go over the top and acts like a bitch at times but the fact is IMO he just wants to play every minute of every game and that for me is only a good thing because if you don't enjoy playing anymore it doesn't matter how talented you re you wont preform if your heart is not in it...like Ronaldinho and Adriano...i don;t think Messi is an angel himself TBH didn't he spit at another player?

Maybe you're right about Ronaldo, that he just wants to play. But sometimes you have to know what's best for the team, not best for you. Obviously he should trust Sir Alex since you guys won the CL last year and EPL last 3 years. And I don't believe he has a inferiority complex since he was player of the year 2007/8. But Fergie just wanted him to be fit for CL finals. Tell me Canto, how do you think you're starting 11 will be?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
IMO the thing about Barca is that they play very attacking and sexy football but they don't have a plan B. Whenever I see Barca play, it is a possession based attack oriented football. That's a good thing, easy on the eye and judging by your season has brought results to the team. But when teams do park their bus in front of goal and deny you space to work with, you struggle to break them down. There is no backup strategy, you can't play long balls, bypassing the midfield. IMO Guardiola is tactically poor when it comes to using different formations and changing the playing style. Barcelona is one dimensional (although extremely good at it).

Our game on the other hand, while not attractive as Barcelona's, does the job. We do play attractive football but we don't do it as often, especially in the champions league. The thing is when smaller teams park the bus against us, we do have a plan B. We are able to play the dirty box to box long ball stuff. So if we come against Barcelona, instead of attacking, we go to defensive mode and try to score goals via counters and set pieces.

I don't think we'll try to outscore Barcelona as that would be very a difficult task. Instead we'll change our tactics and play for a victory, stylish or not.

i really wonder what you would have done against a chelsea like they played in camp nou two weeks ago

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Maybe you're right about Ronaldo, that he just wants to play. But sometimes you have to know what's best for the team, not best for you. Obviously he should trust Sir Alex since you guys won the CL last year and EPL last 3 years. And I don't believe he has a inferiority complex since he was player of the year 2007/8. But Fergie just wanted him to be fit for CL finals. Tell me Canto, how do you think you're starting 11 will be?

i think he is one of the most determined players in the world today and showed abit of passion yesterday about been taken off wich can be a plus i don't condone what he did though it wasn't the way to react and i agree he should have trusted Fergie and realized he was coming off to rest for the game at Wigan on Wednesday

im not sure its almost impossible to predict Fergies team these days but i think it will be either one of these teams

------------------------------VDS----------------------------------

O'Shea---------------Rio--------------Vidic-------------------Evra--

-----------------Anderson--------Carrick------------Giggs/Scholes---

-----Ronaldo----------------------------------------------Rooney

--------------------------Berbatov/Tevez------------------------

or else

same back four and midfield expect

---Park------------Rooney

---------Ronaldo----------

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Unfortunally I agree with you on some points. Against teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bayern or some other teams in that 'division' - we rely on Iniesta, Messi or Henry to unlock the defense sooner or later and since we have possesion like 70-30% we get a lot of chances for them to do so. But against Chelsea we had problems, I agree. But I also know that only Chelsea and some Italian teams play like that - not you guys (not to that extent anyway).
To say that we are one dimensional is maybe half the truth. When Iniesta and Messi get the ball, they are surely not one dimensional. And yes, we rely on them and also on Alves to get through the defense. And when you say that Pep is tactically poor "when it comes to using different formations and changing the playing style" you're also just half right. This is his first season and he got the players that were already at the club. We do have a thin squad and we are not really in a position to change our style or tactics. While you guys have almost 2 teams, we don't even have more than 2-3 decent substitutes. We really have to strenghten our team for next season.

United

i really wonder what you would have done against a chelsea like they played in camp nou two weeks ago

That's my point. Since Barcelona don't play long balls, Chelsea are fairly assured that if they keep their defense tight and not allow space in midfield, you won't score. And they almost did it too. We did it last season.

On the other hand, Chelsea won't play like that against us. The reason why teams tend to defend with 11 men against you is because it works.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
That's my point. Since Barcelona don't play long balls, Chelsea are fairly assured that if they keep their defense tight and not allow space in midfield, you won't score. And they almost did it too. We did it last season.

On the other hand, Chelsea won't play like that against us. The reason why teams tend to defend with 11 men against you is because it works.
You're ignoring my question.

What would you have done against that Chelsea? There is no possibility of playing a counter attack or going into defensive mode if they only stay at their own half.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Except with ronaldinho at his prime ;)

Home of Barca Fans